Eero and hubitat connectivity problems

Hi!

I am completely new to Hubitat. I bought a new C7 model and install it with out a problem. My hubitat hub is connected to my eero mesh wifi network through the included ethernet cable, and its status ligth is always solid green. But, for some reason, when I am connected to my wifi network, and I try to access the hub though the app provided IP address, it wont allow me to access the hub as the page is unreachable. I also have Amazon Alexa skills activated with hubitat. But again, I get an error message saying that Hubitat is no responding. Sometimes I try to unplug my hubitat hub, wait a couple seconds, and then plug it in again. But, this does not always work, and I am not sure if this something that should be an easy fix. I am not sure if it has something to do with my eero mesh system.

If anyone knows what am I doing wrong or what should I try to solve this, I would greatly appreciate it.

I just use one eero 6 Pro unit for my whole house, so I'm not sure if there may be a backhaul snag in your case, but I use eero's Reservations feature to reserve IPs for all of the stuff in our house (~35 things altogether).

I have several eero nodes. Most of them are eero pro 6. But others are just the eero Beacons or the eero pro. I will try to use the reservation feature and see if that works.

Thanks!

I have one c7 connected through a switch to gateway eero and another c7 connected directly to a second eero which is using wired backhaul to the gateway eero. I have reservations for both hubs. Never had a connectivity issue. My eeros are OG cupcakes.

1 Like

@user2941 did you set a static ip on the unit? If so, press the reset button on the bottom of the hub for 7 seconds with a toothpick or pen (It will be the only round hole out of all the square ones) This will reset ONLY the network settings back to dhcp. Then try to get to it in your browser via http://hubitat.local

Just adding in that I have had eero for years and have had no problems at all with reaching my Hubitat hub. I have an IP reservation on eero. You'll find it under Settings->Network Settings->Reservations & port forwarding.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.