Ecowitt WS3900

HI,

i see a lof of connection ecowitt to HA, but some one have Ecowitt WS3900 weather station?
I want to buy but I don;t know if I will be able to connect to HE.

cannot say that i have, but having worked on the drivers i see NO reason it would not work. at worse you may need to get an addition 30 dollar gw1200 but i dont thiong so.

1 Like

It will work with Hubitat without any additional hardware.

2 Likes

I can verify you that the 2560 TFT console and the GW2000 hub work with HE integration. Would think they all do.

3 Likes

thank you, do you know if Hubitat have data from the device or from the cloud?

This.

2 Likes

This integration with Hubitat allows you to send your Ecowitt sensor data directly to Hubitat over your LAN.

1 Like

I now look after the custom driver's for the EcoWitt gateways / sensors, previously maintained by a previous Community member, with input from some of those involved in this conversation. Thanks @marktheknife for adding the link.

The EcoWitt mobile app / web UI used to configure the EcoWitt system includes an option (for most gateways and some displays) to send sensor readings to various destinations, including EcoWitt 's own cloud service, Weather Underground, as well as a custom destination. This last option is what third party systems like Home Assistant and the drivers I now maintain, utilize to get the sensor data to the HA or HE hub. As others have already confirmed, the data being sent to the custom destination is sent direct, not via the EcoWitt cloud.

You simply configure the IP of the destination hub and a few other details, then perform a bit of configuration on the destination hub, and your all set to automate.

1 Like