Ecolink PIR reporting motion, but no motion events

I have also had an ecolink motion sensor become inert. The hub is not receiving the reports, but it is indicated at the device. My trouble also began after the update. I suspected a unpair and pair again, will be required, but seeing this thread makes me wonder.

I have about a dozen of these guys on my mesh, only one is misbehaving in this way. However, I will state that in general, my system has begun to show signs of intermittent slowing again, after the update.

1 Like

Argh, saw this thread so I decided to check my ecolink motion sensors. Iโ€™m 0/3, and I just updated to 2.1.5 last night...

Iโ€™m using the older, non-plus generation.

I also have a monoprice z-wave plus sensor, I forget the model # but itโ€™s the same hardware that ecolink uses (with the pet and test jumpers on the board). Itโ€™s using the same built-in driver, I believe, but itโ€™s still sending events to the hub.

Edit: @mike.maxwell any thoughts? Thanks.

Hey, at least they don't do duplicate messages/events any more. :smile:

4 Likes

That's one way to stop it! Hahahaha

Add me to the list as well. Just updated and my 2 ecolink PIR-ZWAVE2 sensors are not working either. Just sent a request to support. I will follow this thread and see what happens.

Support has responded to the issue.

Configure didn't work. If I exclude will I have to redo all my rules etc?

Yes, you will need to redo all of your rules.

Darn.... That bites

Did anyone get theirs to work? I did not and replaced the sensor.

No I did not get mine to work, I temporarily swapped out an old smart things motion sensor. I am hoping they come up with a fix. If a software update broke it, I am guessing a software update can fix it.

the issue here is the update corrected the double reporting issue, which now has broken reporting for those devices that never got configured correctly in the first place.

Reverting the change would fix the non reporting devices, and break the others, so pending some other unknown issue presenting itself we're not planning on making any changes to the driver.

If you reset and rejoin the Ecolink device and it's still not working correctly, please let us know.

1 Like

Interesting I have two of these motion sensors and had no issues after the update. Confirmed that they are still reporting events correctly also.

right, and I have one as well, no issues either...

I have 2. One had NO issues at all. The other one... well.

It stopped reporting motion after the update. So I followed Bobby's instructions.

The "configure" route did nothing. So I excluded it and now re-included it. Still not working. Here is the output from the log of the device now when it senses motion:

1 Like

I see three motion active events in a row, is that it?, no motion inactive? (sensorValue would be 0)

Correct, that's all I ever see in the logs.

and this in states for the device:

and more of this when I take the cover off for tamper

hmmm, can you post a screen shot of the data section of the driver?
Just curious how many different versions of this device are out there, so far I've found 2 (plus and non plus)...

It looks like my three non-plus sensors can still communicate with the hub. Taking the cover off each and hitting configure on the device details page caused each one to report tamper and then clear when I put the cover back on. But motion still isn't updating. If excluding and re-pairing is the only option at this point, I guess I'll resort to that. But not having to fix all the rules each of these three sensors shows up in would definitely be preferable...

I have the same symptoms as marktheknife and my data is in the original post.