Ecolink PIR reporting motion, but no motion events

I have 2. One had NO issues at all. The other one... well.

It stopped reporting motion after the update. So I followed Bobby's instructions.

The "configure" route did nothing. So I excluded it and now re-included it. Still not working. Here is the output from the log of the device now when it senses motion:

1 Like

I see three motion active events in a row, is that it?, no motion inactive? (sensorValue would be 0)

Correct, that's all I ever see in the logs.

and this in states for the device:

and more of this when I take the cover off for tamper

hmmm, can you post a screen shot of the data section of the driver?
Just curious how many different versions of this device are out there, so far I've found 2 (plus and non plus)...

It looks like my three non-plus sensors can still communicate with the hub. Taking the cover off each and hitting configure on the device details page caused each one to report tamper and then clear when I put the cover back on. But motion still isn't updating. If excluding and re-pairing is the only option at this point, I guess I'll resort to that. But not having to fix all the rules each of these three sensors shows up in would definitely be preferable...

I have the same symptoms as marktheknife and my data is in the original post.

Sigh, so do I get each device’s details and email support?

Or just exclude them and fix the rules they were a part of...

I too am having similar issues. I just migrated from Wink to Hubitat. I was able to unpair the motion sensor (which has been working for about 4 years almost flawlessly). When I add it to hubitat, it show the battery at 99 or 100 percent. It shows tamper if I open the case. No motion will report ever, and hasn't. No events for motion show up on the events page - however the device blinks when motion is detected. I have tried opening the case, and hitting configure but that hasn't helped fix the issue. This is the Ecolink PIR-Zwave2 device - not the 2.5. I have tried unpairing and repairing quite a few times, but nothing can seem to get this little jewel working. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: If I set the device as a generic motion / temp switch - then it works great. Would this break anything by running it this way?

a hot fix for this issue is in final testing, so far so good and we should be able to get a platform update out sometime tomorrow to resolve it for everyone, again this issue is for the older non + Ecolink motion sensors.

3 Likes

that is great! Thanks for that! Amazing support!

This problem has been fixed in the latest hot fix release.

1 Like

Release 2.1.5.124 fixed my issue.

1 Like

This fixed it! Thank you very much!

@bravenel You're going to hate me for asking (lol), but can that be made into a toggle for open/closed? The reason being that I have a contact sensor on my bathroom door and when it's open, the lights operate on motion and when it's closed, the motion pauses and my hallway light turns red. It might be a fringe use case, but I figured I'd ask anyhow.

I already have this setup in RM, but I'd like to move some of my motion based rules over to ML if possible.

Feature creep. Hmmm, does that make the propose of feature creep a creep?

1 Like

Trust me, I'm more than happy to stick to Groovy and RM for one offs like that (a testament to your fantastic work). Personally, I think ML is already starting to hit feature creep status, but the option is already there, so I asked. :smiley:

This use case seriously has nothing to do with Motion Lighting.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.