Ecolink Contact Sensor

Is this normal behaviour?

I open my door or close and it shows double entries in the event of the device.

Two opens and two closes. It’s like milliseconds from each other.

That's not normal behavior. Can you post the events for the device? Also, have you run a Z-Wave repair since adding it?

I have two contact sensors, and it happens with both.

Yes, I've run a repair. I can run another one if you'd like.

contact closed Front Door Contact Sensor was closed DEVICE 2019-03-25 08:31:58.483 AM EDT
contact closed Front Door Contact Sensor was closed DEVICE 2019-03-25 08:31:58.479 AM EDT
contact open Front Door Contact Sensor was opened DEVICE 2019-03-25 08:30:05.323 AM EDT
contact open Front Door Contact Sensor was opened DEVICE 2019-03-25 08:30:05.320 AM EDT
contact closed Front Door Contact Sensor was closed DEVICE 2019-03-25 07:04:55.112 AM EDT
contact closed Front Door Contact Sensor was closed DEVICE 2019-03-25 07:04:55.111 AM EDT
contact open Front Door Contact Sensor was opened DEVICE 2019-03-25 07:04:54.325 AM EDT
contact open Front Door Contact Sensor was opened DEVICE 2019-03-25 07:04:54.316 AM EDT

Hmmmm, that's weird. If you've run a repair, then a second one won't really do anything. This is one instance where I would send in a support ticket.

Stupid question. How do I submit a support ticket?

That's never a stupid question!

Send an email to support@hubitat.com

Thanks

Kevin was speaking of Motion Sensors, but the posibility exists that the device is configured to send two reports:

I just heard back from support. The problem has been identified and they are working on it.

Love to know when this will be fixed.. Hate getting two TTS each time the door is opened. I had to disable it on one of my doors.

So just bringing this up again.

All three of my Ecolink Contact Sensors do this. It causes any alert functions, like push notifcations, text notifications to get sent twice.

Is this going to be fixed?

My Ecolink Contact sensors also sends two events each time, so I receive two notifications each time.

I also hope they are able to fix this soon.

You should be able to work around the issue by making a simple rule that changes the state of a virtual contact sensor when the real contact sensor opens or closes. This would prevent the double notifications.

I'm sure this is device manufacture related, most of my zooz devices (sensors and power strips) send repeat events routinely.

Good idea.

I will look into this later.