Ecobee to Away Mode

Currently I have the following in Rule 4.0. I've tried for the last several hours to get it into Rule 5.0. Can anyone assist?

Well first if this rule works in 4.0 there really is no reason to update to 5.0.

As far as adding it that would probably be a custom action for your thermostat driver. See below

1 Like

Won't RM 4.1 go away when Hubitat firmware updates to 2.2.9? I could have sworn that I read that somewhere.

Would the away command in Custom Command be a "String, Number, or Decimal"?

From this thread

From @bravenel , as I understand it all rules will function only the RM legacy app will go away. How those rules will be maintained after the update I am unclear.

As to your second question I don't think you have to use a parameter for the away attribute.

My understanding is that from 2.2.9 forward, you won't be able to "install" the legacy rules app from the gizmo button at the top of the list of apps (for installing "system" apps).

Meaning, if you delete the RM 4 parent app, you can't bring it back (and, of course, deleting the parent app wipes all the rule children).

However, as long as you keep the parent app, the child apps will remain there and functional. And, you can update them like before.

It sounds like you might not be able to do a "create new rule" for a new child app--but I thought the plan was that you could still import/export/clone rules.

So--the push is to go to RM 5, but you aren't totally in the cold.

BUT...I wouldn't expect a lot of fixes, maintenance, etc. to be put into RM Legacy once it is deprecated.

1 Like

Correct, Away is a mode on my EcoBee, no values can be provided from the driver, I have the temp setpoints configured on the device, going into Away mode just adjusts the thermostat to start using those.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.