Ecobee Smart Doorbell Hubitat Support?

I recently picked up an Ecobee thermostat to replace my Google Nest thermostat. I'm also looking to replace a doorbell with the Ecobee Smart Doorbell but wonder if it's supported in Hubitat. I don't need much, but at least if Hubitat knows when the doorbell was pushed would be great. Hopefully this doorbell is good overall?

download

1 Like

I know this link, but many times there's drivers for newer devices not on that list yet. The reason I asked.

Ecobee doesn't expose a local API, and I don't know if their cloud API exposes the doorbell. (It didn't expost the Smart Camera - I don't think that has changed)

But the option I would suggest is to use the HomeKit support, using Home Assistant (running on a Raspberry Pi) as the HomeKit controller (no Apple products needed). You can bring the devices back to HE via HADB.

This approach has given me all local control over my two Ecobee thermostats, my Ecobee SmartCamera, and my Ecobee Door and Window Sensors. I get a local video stream from the SmartCamera, even.

All the existing Ecobee integrations on HE are cloud based, including the built-in one. HA also has an Ecobee cloud integration -- don't use that, pair the Ecobee device to HA via HomeKit.

I don't know how much of Ecobee's doorbell is exposed to HomeKit, but it's the best approach.

3 Likes