EcoBee Question

if you change the setting On the EcoBee or in the device driver to Temporary Hold it will always revert to the next scheduled change, above that would be Sleep.

2 Likes

Driver temporary hold will do it. Thanks!

I switched over my 4 thermostats and 9 sensors to the Ecobee Suite this morning. Was fairly easy since I used ir on ST in the past.

One thing that don't work is building sensors for thermostat readings. It is in the options, but does nothing. Everything else seems to work well though.

1 Like

If you use Ecobee suite, that is configurable and will use whatever setting is set within the Ecobee Connect App.

I am using it, and that option doesn't seem to do anything as I don't have separate sensors for the thermostat temp like I did in ST. Also tried toggling it on/off.

No big deal, was just mentioning it.

I'm not sure I understand the question. We seem to be talking about different things. Which option are you selecting inside the app?

On my install, this does nothing:
Ecobee Suite Manager --> Ecobee Suite Preferences --> Include Thermostats as a separate Ecobee sensor

In ST, that option created a new sensor type device specifically for each Thermostat temperature reading. That way you could handle all temperatures. thermostat and sensor, the same in logic/code.

Again, not that big of a deal, but I mentioned it since the options shows up yet doesn't work.

Posted on the other topic. You are double posting.

Feel free to ignore the posts then. There was a reason for posting both places.

I had the answer but I'll go ahead and delete then. Sorry to bother you.

As you see fit. Thanks anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.