Ecobee Integration Fails to Update ThermostatOperatingState

Hi, I recently got a Hubitat and have been having some issues. Occasionally the hub will not update the Ecobee's ThermostatOperatingState while it runs. I have polling set to 1 minute and there are no errors. Everything else will update but the state will remain at idle instead of heat or cool. Every time I have checked, Ecobee's website shows that their cloud service is operational. Any ideas?

If you have polling set to 1 minute is it possible you're being rate-limited and not always getting accurate data?

1 Like

@brad5 hit the nail on the head. I would suggest polling once every 5 minutes or so.

From the ecobee Developer documentation:

1 Like

my ecobee experience has been horrible, I removed it from my HE apps as it was inaccurate and not connected consistently/reliably(that was about 2 years ago). I just use the default Ecobee settings. And actually yesterday my Ecobee 3 w/alexa started going berserk with the green light flashing for over 3 hours, had to factory reset the POS.
My Vivint Element is 10x more reliable and connects directly with HE

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.