Ecobee hell

I bought an ecobee 4. What a waste of money. I have HomeKit set up to change temp based on proximity. But this thing just randomly turns the mode to off. Changes the temp setting to something not even programmed into the away or home. I change comfort settings thinking maybe there off but it still lets the temp climb. It crap. I was looking at replacing it with a t9 pro. Will the t9 pro let me do what I need to do and not change my temps.

You may want to reach out to Ecobee since they implemented HomeKit natively on the Ecobee.

I wonder if they've changed, my ecobee 3 has been fantastic for years, but I'm not using it for automations really. I do have it tied to Hubitat so my ceiling fans know when to turn on and off and havnt had any issues with that. I let it handle HVAC on its own and havnt touched the thermostat much since I bought it. It just does it's thing.

1 Like

I should have stipulated I have ecobee running through homebridge. I just removed it from homebridge and set it up through HomeKit natively. See if that corrects it.

I've been using my ecobee (Smart thermostat w/ voice control) since November with no issues. I monitor it using the HomeKit support and a Raspberry Pi running HomeAssistant. Primarily only monitoring what the ecobee is doing, but occasionally using HomeAssistant to control mode, setpoints, etc. No issues at all.

If you have a Hubitat why aren't you using the native integration or the Ecobee Suite from @storageanarchy?

Curious, what fan automation do you use?

You could do a Honeywell t6 pro z-wave to do what you want..

I was using ecobee suite.