Ecobee App/Driver Port from SmartThings

I'm not a webCoRE user. Anyone happen to know if I can use the with RM with this, and if so, is it aware of all the modes (including OFF).

I have a Stringify flow that is supposed to turn on the furnace fan when the Ecobee mode is set to OFF and the temperature in my house rises to above 76˚. Of the integrations that Stringify supports, only Wink allows an action based on the thermostat mode being set to OFF.

I don't have A/C and yesterday the something in the flow failed, allowing my house temp to rise to 81˚

Not sure about RM but I would expect that it works.

Ecobee had an outage monday night I think it was. Messed with my automations too and my thermostat just wasn't turning on. Really getting annoyed by anything cloud connected now that I'm spoiled. I wish this driver was all local as well. That would be nice.

In my automation's though instead of turning it all off I actually just have it set to a "disabled" scene that has a high and low point for the temperature. That way if it ever gets stuck it won't let the house get dangerously cold or hot.

You have central air I assume. I don't, so in Winter the house will never get dangerously cold. That part will be handled by the thermostat, regardless of cloud status. As spring approaches, my wife likes to open doors, much to the chagrin of the rest of the family still uncomfortably cold. So that's when I set the thermostat mode to OFF, instead of trying to heat up the neighborhood. From there, I forget about the thermostat, until it's cold again.

So I need it to be able to help circulate the air when the it gets really hot, even if the mode is OFF. Last two years this has worked great, and the house never rose above 78˚, but the failure for this to work yesterday has prompted me to look for a better way.

Ya it sounds similar to mine. When I say dangerously hot or cold, my "disabled" scene on the thermostat is basically set to heat to 14 or cool to 28. That way the AC or heat won't kick in until it really needs to I believe this is also built into the thermostat anyways. When any of my windows/doors are left open for 5 min's it sets this scene.

I use the scene though because I like the fan to continue circulating the air. When set to off the fan wasn't continuing to circulate.

With the outage they had though, the piston wasn't getting the current scene and able to set it properly.. I had to manually walk up to it and adjust it. What a pain!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

this seems to have broken for me with the 1.1.2 hub update. all the sudden this error keeps popping up;

app:11022018-08-04 22:25:05.865:errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No encoder found for request content type */* on line 3590 (setProgram)
app:11022018-08-04 22:25:05.849:errorsendJson() - Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No encoder found for request content type */*

Why not use the official driver now that it's available, rather than the ported ST community driver?

b/c it doesn't allow me to set the program mode. I want to be able to set home/sleep/away. all of my automations are based on setting those values.

1 Like

I see. Well maybe that will be added at some point. In the meantime you can use IFTTT to do that. Not all in one, but it will work and you can avoid the errors.

well, i've created six IFTTT maker events (2 thermostats, 3 states each) and this should be working the way it was.

I was thinking though, the primary reason that I want to be able to set these modes instead of simply set auto/cool/heat and temp is b/c I have two remote temp sensors. I have my sleep mode set to only use the sensor in the bedroom and not the sensor in the thermostat itself. I don't see a way to do this with the native driver right now.

1 Like

Actually, the IFTTT integration does not work the same as the ST community driver. When you use the setProgram command, you could send up to 3 parameters with that command. The program to hold, the type of hold and then the duration. You could hold "indefinite" or "unitlNextTransition" or by the number of hours. IFTTT only allows hours and indefinite and you have to program the hours in ahead of time into the IFTTT recipe.

My ecobee is the only device still connected to my ST hub and until we are able to program the mode with all applicate settings, it will have to be.

You can now use either Rule Machine actions or custom commands for both Resume Program and Set Away, so that covers Home and Away. Sleep isn't controllable from the official integration, but that's not really a big deal since the thermostat schedules are typically how you would set sleep anyway.

1 Like

I can also confirm that the set away and resume program are working well on my end in Rule Machine.

I’ve got 2 thermostats, one of them is scheduled, so a resume/away would be sufficient, but for the other I have change modes based on when the good morning command is given to Alexa.

I've noticed a new custom command in RM on the ecobee for setSchedule. I've yet to try it and wonder if it works like the old ST integration did.

So is this working now? Do I need to install all the apps or just ones that I want? I want to use this because I too want to change Modes in Ecobee by using WebCore pistons.

setSchedule isn't supported with Ecobee.

I am getting this error in the logson the motion sensors:

2018-11-16 12:38:59.381 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'debugLevel' on null object on line 400 (generateEvent)

Does not seem like this port works to change ThermostatProgram (ie. Home, Away, Sleep) the only one that works is resumeProgram.

Any chance this will be updated???

I get the following errors when attempting to change ThermostatProgram:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'holdType' on null object on line 2564 (asleep)
setThermostatProgram(Sleep, null, 2)

A big warning to everyone....if you ever go to restore a backup, you will lose your ecobee connection if your are using ecobee suite and the only way I figured out how to get it back is to remove the app and add it again. The problem is the token is expired but you aren't able to force the app to ask for it again once it is entered. So, i was stuck and had to remove and readd it.
Just another reason to go to the Centralite Pearl as soon as Dashboards 2.0 is released.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.