Echo's for sale

LOL. Technology hates my wife and she's more than willing to return the feeling, which is why I try to automate everything to the point that she has little to no interaction; it just happens.

3 Likes

I told Google Assistant my name is Alexa. The Google Home display is about 10 feet from an Echo Dot.

I ask Google what my name is. It replies “your name is Alexa” which causes the Echo Dot to wake up, Then I say “Alexa, what is my name” and Google replies with something like “that’s not my name. I’m your Google Assistant”.

Trying to figure out how to make them talk to each other.

3 Likes

The house is pretty much automated here as well. My favorite voice command is “Alexa mute” which toggles the whole house audio. It is great when a work call comes in. No fumbling for a remote.

What really surprised me is how often I use the increase/decrease commands to change the volume.

On the automation side it resets the volume at 4 am bad turns off the receiver if it has been muted for an extended time.

I haven’t been on the forums much lately. I heard TTS was going away. I thought it was on the 28th but so far my Echos have been chatting away. Is there something I missed?

Heroku is going to a paid format

1 Like

You don’t have to lose Echo Speaks. You can either pay Heroku or use an always-on computer at home to keep using it.

The cookie that Echo Speaks needs to send commands to Alexa will expire about a week after it was last refreshed. That’s what the server running on Heroku was doing, logging into Amazon and retrieving a new cookie.

1 Like

Both my Echo Dot and Google Home woke up and joined in. My wife told me to grow up,

1 Like

Echo 4th gen full size sold..

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.