Echo Speaks with Synology struggles

Continuing the discussion from Echo speaks troubleshooting:

Good evening all. I apologize if this winds up in the wrong group as I am new to Echo Speaks. I am trying to get this going as I do not want to pay Heroku and I have a Synology NAS. From my reading and understanding, I can use the Synology instead of Heroku. A lot of this is over my head. I do believe that I followed all of the instructions for the Echo Speaks app as well as the Synology Docker set-up. However, the Echo Speaks app is indicating I am not logged in. I see the message "You are no longer logged in to Amazon. Please complete the Authentication Process on the Server Login Page!" I am not sure how to correct this. I am not sure if this an issue with Amazon or my Synology setup? Also, Echo Speaks does not detect any devices. I have attached a screen shot in hopes it helps. If there are very specific instructions I need to follow on the Synology set-up, that would be very helpful. I have tried to find them but I cannot tell if they are the newest instructions for the latest version of Echo Speaks. I hope I am making sense but I would really like to get this running using my Synology. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I accidentally figured it out by continually playing with the log-on. It looked to be an issue with my Amazon Auth and my docker container. I am all green and experimenting with this great app now! Thanks for being a great community!

Would you mind posting the solution? Iā€™m having a similar/same issue. Thanks!

99% of the time the login failire is the wrong cloud or local url check on yournasip:8091 if the login doesnt stick check the url with a fine tooth comb.

I was able to make it work.

I think restarting the Docker after Callback URL was saved, and authenticating after the restart did the trick.

1 Like