Echo Speaks no longer works

@tonesto7

Looks like ES stopped working again, sometime yesterday I believe

Currently running Beta 3.0.0
Tried connecting to Amazon

Here is what I got when logging into Herouku

Here is my current status page

I selected to refresh cookie, left the app, came back in and the cookie date didn't change

Thoughts?
Rick

@tonesto7

I then updated to v3.0.0.3

Same error when logging into Amazon
Cookie refresh still doesn't show new date
For giggles I tried the speech test and it worked, like 10 times, had to exit the app to get the test to stop

Then tried a speak test through the device, it worked as well..... but wouldn't stop, had to reboot my hub

You can direct IM me if we need to do something offline
Thanks, Rick

Sorry i'm just now seeing this... I was away this weekend with the family. If you make sure to update the looping should be solved.
@toy4rick Can you do me a favor and PM me a link to your diag data.

It's under Echo Speaks app > Manage Logging and Metrics > Scroll to bottom expand the diagnostic data (json) section share the full URL with me please.

Hi. I am finding that echo speaks works when using the test tool in Hubitat but then stops working. If I go to WebCore to one of my Pistons and just turn logging on, that in itself seems to get it working again for a period. Then it will stop again after a while. Changing logging again (e.g from full logging to medium) gets it working again. Its almost as if something just needs to be refreshed to give it a kick. Anyone know any way to fix this? thanks

I would be very cautious about using full logging in webCoRE. That is very resource hungry and that might be why you are seeing other apps being delayed or slow. I would avoid all unnecessary logging in the hub at all. But webCoREs full log is VERY chatty and long. I have mine set to None presently.

1 Like

Ok i have it installed now but do not see any Amazon devices in device detection preferences.?

Just FYI, mine stopped working too. Made sure everything was up to date and even reset everything.

Finally I decided to try the built-in notifications app for HE and couldn’t get the voice to work either using that as well.

I completely uninstalled ES in case there was some weird sort of interference, rebooted the hub, rebooted the echo devices and again no such luck.

I’m beginning to think Amazon changed some Protocols around that is preventing the handshake from HE altogether. Hopefully, they didn’t execute a total block.

I have mine connected through SmartThings via HubConnect. I just checked and everything is still working properly. May be related to the update and running ES on Hubitat.

I eventually got it working again after much fiddling (Installing and uninstalling) —too many moving parts for me to explain right now.

I could be wrong but either it was a handshake with the echos directly from HE or something possibly wrong with my automatic heroku server deployment updates.

AFAIK, this doesn't happen. AlexaTTS and Echo Speaks are both cloud dependent.

1 Like

Sorry to be brief but that’s what I actually meant to say.

Working just fine here... and I'm using the locally hosted Echo Speaks server which is working just great

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.