Echo Speaks - Has anyone gotten Alexa Guard working?

Has anyone been able to get Echo Speaks to control Alexa Guard either automatically (based on the triggers/rules in the Echo Speaks app) or via the manual toggle in the app?

I've just updated to the latest versions of Echo Speaks, but I've never been able to get Echo Speaks to control Alexa Guard for me, via either the in-app toggle or the in-app automations.

If you've found a different way to get Alexa Guard working, I'd love to hear that. Thanks!

@tonesto7

1 Like

I have a really hokey way...

I use the Alexa geofence (as well as Hubitat's). When I leave home, I have an Alexa routine that says, "Alexa, I'm leaving" on my most central Alexa device, and then broadcasts, "Alexa, I'm leaving" on all of my devices. When I get home, I have a similar routine for "Alexa, I'm home."

It's not totally reliable either coming or going, but it works about 9 times out of 10.

1 Like

I do something very similar.

One of my Sonos speakers is close to an original Echo. So I speak the message "Alexa, start guarding" on that speaker when the mode changes to Away (and Sleep) and "Alexa, stop guarding" when the mode changes to Home.

There's no Echo Speaks involved (or Alexa Routines). So far, it's been 100% accurate.

Thanks, @jabecker and @aaiyar. I'm sure these methods do work, and they're creative! That said, since the Echo Speaks app aims to provide a simple, programmatic solution for this, I'm really trying to figure out whether anyone has been able to get that specific feature of the Echo Speaks app to work. I'm not sure whether my personal Echo Speaks installation just isn't working or whether this is a broader issue.

I have seen it work a few times, but now it isn't. I'm using Away mode vs home modes as triggers in the echo speaks app. Not sure why/when it stopped working.

These are the logs from the recent Away mode transition and how Echo Speaks and Guard responded..

That's the same error I'm getting, but on v3.1.0.2:

14%20

I also am getting the same error on v3.1.0.2. I also got it on v3.1.0.1

app:302019-10-05 10:43:15.115 am debugEchoApp (v3.1.0.2) | Code versions: [server:2.3.0, echoDevice:3.1.0.2, mainApp:3.1.0.2]
app:302019-10-05 10:43:06.205 am errorEchoApp (v3.1.0.2) | setGuardState Exception: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.hubitat.hub.executor.BaseExecutor.JsonBuilder() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[controlRequests:[[entityId:AAA_OnGuardSmartHomeBridgeService_554e1b60-5317-3939-9b89-17824a9c2128, ...]]]]
app:302019-10-05 10:43:06.192 am debugEchoApp (v3.1.0.2) | setAlexaGuard(ARMED_AWAY)
app:302019-10-05 10:43:02.564 am debugEchoApp (v3.1.0.2) | Alexa Guard State: (ARMED_STAY)
app:302019-10-05 10:43:01.943 am info EchoApp (v3.1.0.2) | GuardSupport Response Length: 146165
app:302019-10-05 10:43:01.623 am traceEchoApp (v3.1.0.2) | settingRemove(actionDuplicateSelect)...

Hi, @tonesto7. I have updated to app v3.2.0.0, and Alexa Guard is still not working for me. I wanted to provide you these logs, in case helpful:

I'm sorry that i never even seen this topic before so I didn't work on any fixes.

1 Like

Hi. I am using ECHO SPEAK, but it can NOT get it to work with Hubita HSM modes changes.
It dose work only with Hubitat MODE changes.
No error reported, no log line, is like if is never programed to do anything.
Can you please help me? Is there an updeate or fix for this?

If posible can you also, update your app with a link with something like "If you want to donate againg click here".
Sin liste time I try I hada aproblem with my paypal I donot have a way to doneate to you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.