Echo Dot 5 occupancy sensor

Hello,

Just got my C8 and I started playing with it. So far so good yet I am a bit overwhelmed by all the possibilities one can have using this,

I have n Amazon Echo 5 on my night stand, I have searched but cannot find how to take advantage of its occupancy sensor (If that is even possible). Amazon claims this is Zigbee compatible
Can anyone point me to a guide of some sort to achieve this? Basically I would like to make some automations based on the said sensor, I know it exposes the temp too but I don't really know if it's even possible to have this integrated into Hubitat

Thank you

Have you checked to see if the occupancy sensor can be made use of in Alexa Routines as a trigger?

If it can, you can integrate it with Hubitat. Same for the temperature sensor.

I do this with my wife's Echo Dot 5.

Create a virtual switch in Hubitat and share it to Amazon using the Hubitat Alexa Skill.

Create a routine in Alexa to turn the switch on or off depending on the Echo Dot 5 presence state.

The full size Echo 4 has a zigbee hub built-in, the Echo Dot 5 does not.

2 Likes

I tried using the occupancy sensor but be aware it can take up to 30 mins after you leave for occupancy to be reset to no occupancy, in short for me it was way to slow to reset to be of any use.

Thank you for your input guys.
Mind you i got the C8 yesterday :grinning:
Watched a couple of tutorials but couldn't find this particular info

Since you're new, read this post. It will help avoid some gotchas

Thank you! Very useful!