Dumb switch with a Zooz 3-way

I’ve got a zen76 in a 3way with an existing dumb switch and everything “works” just fine.

But, if I turn on via the dumb switch, there’s a delay. Maybe 0.5-1s? Turning off is instant.

Is this expected behavior? Any way to speed it up?

I just tested mine which is in a 4-way setup (which should act same as 3-way). It actually responds FASTER from the dumb switch, than the ZEN76 paddle itself. It is basically instant for both on and off. I suspect this is because on the paddle it has a slight delay waiting to see if you double tap the paddle.

I assume you are using my advanced driver? What do your settings look like?
What firmware is yours? Mine is 10.10 (so a 1st gen device).

You must have it wired up incorrectly because the dumb switch is just switching the bulb between a live wire and one with no voltage (or possibly there could be some unusual electrical issue in the switch causing it to not supply power to the currently live wire consistently as it should).

Sorry I made a typo. It’s a zen 77

Scene control events is disabled so it’s not waiting on double taps or more, BUT there is the option of the double tap for full brightness which is a the “core” feature.

I can try again later after turning that off, though I’d still be surprised given it’s instant from the smart switch itself

ZEN77 should also be wired in 3way with dumb switch switching between 0 and 120v.
No delay whatsoever.
https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/1338-3-way-diagrams-for-zen73-zen74-zen76-and-zen77-switches/
How is yours wired?

Also, I remember correctly, the Zooz dimmers can act “unusual” with some bulbs/bulbtypes.
Maybe you could try a different bulb(s).

The button tap events would only slow down the device paddle not a 3-way switch. So by having the scene events disabled I suppose you may be exaggerating an already existing delay when using the 3-way.

I have one of those also in a 3-way, firmware 10.30. This one does seem to have a slight delay using the dumb switch vs the zen77 paddle. I also noticed that when switching off via the 3-way it does not honor the ramp rate and just turns off instantly.

I tested it with a couple different settings combinations, seems to always have a slight delay on the 3-way switch. To me it is barley noticeable.