DSC Alarm

Hello everyone,

Am I understanding this correctly? For the hubitat to integrate with my DSC alarm system I need a rasperry pie in the middle? Is there no direct integration between Hubitat C8 and EVL's.

Thanks

Jeff

Not an expert, but I had Envisilink before I had Hubitat and the integration works great. It is cloud though.

There is also the Konnected.io option which is local

2 Likes

That would seem to require replacing the DSC panel though.

Not really. You can go for the interface module option and keep your old system working as you used to while in the same time operate the alarm system through Hubitat

1 Like

Interesting. I'll check it out.

I will say though, cloud and all, Envisilink has been pretty solid for me for a number of years.

2 Likes

Hi @user6806 , welcome to the community!

In all sincerity, I do not want to be “that guy”. That being said (again in all sincerity) you may find many much more detailed answers and options discussed in several pre-existing threads. If you are not aware, if you go to the search function at the top of the home page and type in “DSC Integration” or “Envisalink Integration” in the search pane, you will get links to several threads which go into much greater detail as to how you can integrate your DSC panel to Hubitat. I have used this integration for over three years now and it has been pretty much rock solid. Hope this helps.
Edit: also, in many of these threads go into the pros and cons on each type of alarm system integration in quite a bit of detail. Again, I found these to be very helpful threads and also contributed my thoughts and experiences as well (again, in pretty detailed terms)

2 Likes

I second the use of Envisalink with a DSC or Vista panel. You will have to install the Envisalink 4 module in your DSC panel but that is not difficult.

There are 2 Hubitat integrations for the Envisalink module, one that requires a Raspberry Pi and one that is native Hubitat. The native Hubitat is the one that I use. The native integration uses telnet and is a bit "chatty". To lessen the load on my C8, I installed it on an old C7 and used Hub Mesh to link the 2 hubs. I have had this running for a few years for a Vista panel and it works fine.

Here is the Envisalink site and the native integration.....

https://www.eyezon.com/evl4.php

1 Like

This is how mine is set up as well. Although in hindsight, a single hub would have worked almost as well for the load on mine. But happy to have them both. Also happy to help or answer any questions. The great folks in this community have been so helpful to me, least I could do. And a hearty “amen” to @moh‘s comment about the other threads. Very helpful!

1 Like

Just installed a few of these for some old customers of mine.
was amzed how easy it is to install and works on many of DSC panels :slight_smile:
It works very well .. and if you want your system monitored its only $8.50/month!

1 Like

i use konnected.. each board supports like 8 devices.

Is that an introductory price, where they jack it up after a year?
I'm shortly ditching tcip, and was just going to monitor myself, but already having Envisilink, this is something to think about.

Nope .. I far as I know its 8.50 month ...

1 Like