Drivers for Samsung Appliances controlled via SmartThings Cloud API

The magic has happened :clap: :clap: :clap:
My soundbar now bark like a dog :dog:
I will further test in in the coming days to see how I can make it bark as part of my "Home first line of defense" rules.
Thanks a lot @djgutheinz

GREAT. One other test will be tried (now that we can bark, can we speak???). I will have test code (in a few days) to take the next step).

A speaking dog?
Sorry, I could not resist this thought😝

1 Like

A sexist would say: "I think I dated a few of those"
An ex would say: "Yes, he is a dog."

1 Like

Hi,
First thing I notice is that in RM the soundbar is not listed in the list of music players.

I guess it means that the soundbar driver does not support music player capability. Can this capability be added?
Can you suggest a different method to make the soundbar play a track using an automation?

I will do another test version (may take several days) and add in the Music Player implementation plus TTS / TTS Queueing. These will come from my legacy Samsung Multiroom Speaker driver and be modified for this integration.

1 Like

DVM S Eco is a Heat Pump and Heat Recovery system.

Next version is at "${title}"

A lot of expansion of capabilities. There are instructions as well as data on some NOTIFICATION as well as STREAMING uri's at the top of the driver file.

I tested on my older soundbar and it worked fine except for input source (not supported for for my soundbar in SmartThings). The Play Text function loaded; but did not play, using the Hubitat TTS conversion.

Would you test playText on your device, please.

If TTS does not work, an alternate method is included in preferences if TTS does not work. In preferences:

• select Use Voices RSS for TTS generation and save preferences.
  • You now will go to the site listed in preferences and get a key. NOTE, the account if FREE.
  • Enter the key in preferences and do a save preferences.
1 Like

After installing the new code and saving preferences.
Testing the 'play text' (testing the simple 'play text' and not the 'RSS to TTS') - after about 15 seconds I get the soundbar saying something that sounds like the word 'text' but the not the text I entered.
This is the log:

Now testing with RSS to TTS.
I already had an account so just logged in, copied the Key and paste in the device page. Save preference.
Use command 'Play text and resume' ended with nothing coming from the soundbar and this log:

Also, tested the music player capabilities in RM and the soundbar now shows up as a music player and I can create a rule to make it play a specific track.
Thank you very much @djgutheinz

GREAT error logs. I see two things to handle that I had not encountered in my testing. It looks like the voicesTTSgen routine is failing and also some of the data to the queue is crashing out.

Update to correct TTS is now available. Also removed most of the trace logging to reduce logs. If you have problems, enable debug logging to get more details on the system flow.

1 Like

Tests:

1. Regular text (not using RSS to TTS) - no text played and the logs (logs turned on):
Summary

1. Using RSS to TTS - Success :clap: :clap: :clap:
    Please note it takes about 20-30 seconds till the text is played.
Summary

I will remove the option from the next version.

I will look at ways to speed up.

1 Like

My son has a Samsung dishwasher and told me he was going to get the Aeotec SmartThings hub so he could have it run like at 3 am on top of telling him when it was done.

I saw there was a driver or app (I'm a noob when it comes to getting this deep under the hood) and wonder if it does those 2 things (and any other nifty stuff it can do). Also, would he need the SmartThings hub and/or the SmartThings app or just a C7?

Thanks,

First, he can install the Samsung Dishwasher directly into the SmartThing environment without the Aeotec hub. Samsung has deprecated their old appliance control software and now uses SmartThings for that control.

Instructions: Go to the web and determine how to install into the SmartThings app/cloud. If you find instructions, then install the SmartThings App on his phone. Add the dishwasher and verify that the installation will do what he wants (delayed start). (Be sure to check rules and schedules in SmartThings.) If so, he can stop there. But

If he can turn it on via SmartThings but can not schedule, the Hubitat integration may help. But now he will spend US120 or so to go further. So make sure that SmartThings does not meet his needs.

Note: I am a strong advocate of Hubitat for controlling devices and doing complex items with those devices. I am also a strong advocate of Keep It Simple, stupid (KISS) and not spending money unnecessarily. Sort of torn here.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the reply. We’ll try the app first and see if that does it.

If the Dishwasher is anything like the Washer and Dryer, the Smartthings integration is a joke. All it does is tell you when the washer/dryer is running. You can't even pause a running cycle.

The washer and dryer require that you set the remote control on the physical device prior to using the on/off commands from ST or Hubitat. The remote control state will remain on until a door is opened. Tested and verified by some users.