[DRIVER] Zooz Smart Plugs Advanced (ZEN04, ZEN05, ZEN14, ZEN15, ZEN20, ZEN25)

This is what I get with that change:

Energy is possibly the only one with 3 digits of precision being reported.

I guess. The Power Switch driver also allows you to turn off reports. I also tried that driver for the plug, and no, it didn't turn off the reports. Probably not important at all with the default reporting, as far as z-wave congestion, or whatever it's called.

I find the auto on and off features of the Zooz products useful, so it's nice to have it right there on the device page.

Not that I can see me doing it, the advanced zooz drivers usually have association options. I've done this in the past with the Zen16 (children) with your help and your z-wave tweaker. Of course, I never did anything with it, but I still might, lol.

I think this was a Z-Wave certification requirement, with hub/gateway interfaces requiring some way to see the highest and lowest values. I've always thought this was fairly odd, given that the information is already there and it would (IMHO) be a more appropriate role for an app to store this data if I wanted to do so — though, like you, I've rarely considered there to be a need.

But, I think that's the history (could be mis-remembering...) and why it's not standardized into any capability yet appears in several built-in Z-Wave drivers. Easy enough to add to a driver, I suppose. :slight_smile:

You posted in the wrong thread so I am replying over here.
I am not seeing any 0V reports on my device.

What firmware are you on (should be listed in data section). Mine is updated to 1.20

Also, when the device turns off, it should send a report back stating it is off, if it does it will get logged in the events. If the device does not send the report back there is not much the driver can do. I could forcibly request the status after every command but that is extra unnecessary zwave traffic.

Maybe the 1.20 update will fix both issues if yours is not updated?

Sorry for posting in the wrong section, and thanks for the feedback. I’m running 1.1 and am currently updating to 1.2. Will post once the update is complete. Thanks again.

First time using the firmware update app, and unfortunately it did not work, getting stuck on “getting device version”. Have you guys been successful updating zooz device firmwares with the app?

Yes, I use it all the time. Is the device paired with or without security?

Without security.
I uploaded the latest firmware on the hub ( xxx.gbl) and then selected de device to upgrade, and firmware to use. Is there anything special that should be done?

Are you using the custom driver or the built in app? What hub model do you have?

C7 with the latest firmware, and I’m using your driver.

I meant what are you using to update the firmware. I assume the built in Hubitat app. If it’s getting stuck I would totally delete the app then reinstall it. Also do a shut down on the hub, pull power for 10 seconds and then boot back up. Also pull the device to restart it and also move it close to hub for updating.

Thanks for the guidance. I removed the app, rebooted the hub, re-installed the app and I was able to install the 1.2 firmware, although it took few attempts and required the plug to be within few feet of the hub.
I’ll check if the 0V reports and missing events issues are resolved. Thanks again.

Reporting back on my previous matter, firmware 1.2 seems to have fix the multiple 0V reporting!

UPDATE

I think I got all the requests in here. I also had an idea from another driver I saw with something similar. If you have a device plugged into this and you want to track its on/off state you can use the new accessory attribute. Just set a power threshold and if the power goes over that value it will set the accessory to on, and off when it goes below. May save having to setup a virtual device. I think I want to add support for the ZEN15 as well, either to this driver or on its own separate one.

NOTE: Setting a parameter from the new command is like setting a temporary parameter. The Preferences will still have the old parameter so if you run a Configure it will set them all back how they were saved in the Preferences.

[1.0.0] - 2022-12-12

Added

• Support to track time for energy reporting and reset it on the device
  • Command to set any parameter (can be used in RM)
  • Optional High/Low tracking, must be turned on in Preferences (ZEN04 Only)
  • Accessory attribute to track connected device state (ZEN04 Only)

Changed

• Increased max precision rounding to 3 decimals
3 Likes

Excellent. The 'beta' version for changing parameters worked great. What's appealing about the Zooz plugs to me is the auto on/off. But, for me, I might like to turn that feature off once in a while for more hands on control. Configure brings it back to 'normal'.

Let me ask a question: Would a power cycle reset the parameter? I'm thinking it would because it basically does a configure when it starts up, no? I have to try it and see if I can answer my own question.

Adding the Zen15 would be awesome.

I have to think more about the accessory feature...

Again, I'm not an expert, but these new capabilities are great.

It normally should not but I have seen a few devices fire off a configure recently (in logs) and I am not sure why. Most of the time the hub would not even be aware if a device gets powered off and then comes back, they do not send anything to the hub saying "hey I'm back".

Installed new driver. Works like a charm. Cycling power did not remove temporary parameter setting. Accessory is cool-have to think of an application. Highs and lows also cool, in my opinion, lol.

The accessory option might be handy for something where you never actually turn the outlet off but you want to track how often the device runs. For example on a different smart plug I have a sump pump connected and I never actually turn the outlet off, but I want to track how often the sump runs. I am using a virtual device for the sump on/off and set that based on the power reports from the plug. Could be useful for many devices where you leave the plug on but just want to track power use and when the device itself is ON.

1 Like

I just messed around with RM and 'accessory'. I managed to control a switch with an If...Then..Else condition with the trigger being accessory 'changed'. Not that I'm complaining...just wondering. It seems to go quite consistently slow (like 30 seconds to recognize 'off'. What's it thinking about? The switch is a GE/Jasco and the outlet is a Zen04.
edit: I just looked at the current state of 'accessory' on the device page, while I was turning the lamps on and off with the pull chain, and it does indeed take awhile to change states, 30 seconds to 'off'. A lot quicker when using the hub or the physical button though.

I'm not sure this'll help: