Driver Save Takes an Hour

The Unifi driver checks a controller on the user's network, not the cloud. It CAN generate a lot of events if there is a lot going on because it has a websocket monitoring capability, and the Unifi Protect portion is all about watching over the cameras and other stuff. "Protect"ing your house/business.

Although there is a Refresh Rate setting in the preferences for how often it should check the main API (that is far more data at a time then the websockets, but there can be far more websocket activity). I am working on the driver at this moment so I will look at reducing some of the websocket events.

After rebooting Drivers are updated and saved within a few seconds, so I guess I'll always reboot before updating a driver - but this shouldn't be necessary.

Is there a way to automatically reboot the hub once per day?

Yes, with a rule. Mine is paused, however at one time I was having to reboot several times per day and it somehow resolved.

I rebooted before updating to the latest version of these Device drivers and had no issues saving them.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.