Driver for Zigbee Tuya Power Monitoring

Hopefully, Matter 1.3 specifications will be released in a couple of months; the rumors are that it should bring power and energy monitoring. Then, once the power and energy monitoring is also implemented in the Tuya Matter Bridges - all these issues will be in the past...

Until this happens, Home Assistant (Zigbee2MQTT) integration to HE is the most time and money-effective way to bring all the cheap Tuya-based gadgets to Hubitat.

An all-in-one solution would sure be nice. Even if it means yet another box.

Not that it matters much, but this is the one I got: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006217976032.html

@john.craker
I bought exactly the same sensor but with one clamp.
@kkossev
Driver works ok but one thing.
I am not sure if i choose the right settings.
I am not getting any changes in "power state".
Amperage is changing but not the state, it is always off even amperage is bigger than 0.
Is there any minimum amperage to change it to on?

If you enable the debug logs and search the live logs for β€˜power’, do you see anything there?

I don't know if this helps any, but.... since I couldn't even get the 'smart life' app to recognize the device, I grabbed one of the cheap Zigbee 3.0 wired hubs. The hub found it within seconds, and SEEMS to be reporting good data.

There's no way to pull logs or data off though? I don't think?

I meant the debug logs in HE, using the Tuya Metering plug driver. It is possible that the forward and reverse power readings are mixed up... The reverse power readings are not sent as events in the driver, but will be shown in the live logs when Debug preference is enabled. If you search for 'power' text in the logs, do you see readings that make sense?

Hi.
Attached log file

Does 'power_a' 6.4 watts make sense?

It is connected to split HVAC system.
It is in stand by mode now. So current 0.048amp is making sense. For 236V x 0.048A ~ 11.3W so....

1 Like

Right, I knew you meant HE logs - I just thought if there was a way to extract something from a live working system it might help.

At this point I'm semi dead in the water though. I can add the device to my new hub, and via the mfg's app it all works as expected. For about 5-10 minutes. Then shows disconnected. :frowning:
I then have to delete and add it back to the app. Somewhat not useful. Sigh.

So until I resolve that (or replace it) there's not much I can do to help.

1 Like

Well, I can't explain it... but after moving things around (like 6 or 8 inches!)... it's been online (for the iOS Smart Life app) for a few days now! Clearly had it too close to SOMETHING it didn't like.

Only thing that's strange (and thankfully really easy to fix) is that phase A and B are reading backwards. With no solar coming off my inverters, one shows all inbound flow, and the other one outbound! Ha! Guess they wired the leads on a CT backwards or something.

1 Like