Driver for lux/motion sensor from Ali Express?

Anyone have any luck in finding a driver for this? Thanks!!!

[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 (PIR motion sensors and mmWave presence radars)

2 Likes

Awesome— thanks! Got it up and running. Any way to turn the red light that blinks when it detects motion?

Only if it is exposed to being configured by zigbee. Which is rarely done.

Ok. Thanks . For the price (6 bucks) I’m psyched to just get a working lux sensor

Note. that these battery-powered PIR sensors report the illuminance only at the time when a motion is detected! So I wouldn't say they can replace a dedicated lux sensor... Also, the illuminance measurements range is limited to 1000 lux. This is more than enough when used indoors.

The typical use case for these combined motion/lux sensors is that the illuminance is sent to the hub a few hundred milliseconds before the 'motion active' event so that the RM / RoomLights logic is triggered based on the current lux level in the room when someone activates the PIR sensor.

So if I had a "front" and "back" hallway sensor, and only 1 was this sensor... a room lighting trigger may not get the lux if the other sensor triggered it? I guess every sensor in a space would have to be this one?

But it can reliable used as a lux sensor when triggered, even if that lux value can't be referenced elsewhere? I was looking on aliexpress and it seems there basically aren't any dedicated lux sensors anymore?

And hue motion sensors at $55 canadian is sooo expensive when you need a few or more!

It's weird as I figured the same thing, but then noticed the one I do have setup is in the living room and periodically reports lux levels-- even when no one is home. I haven't figured out the frequency yet, but in turning lights on and off to test it appears to be every 5 minutes or so. I have it set up in HomeKit with an automation to turn on my lights if the lux is below 250 between 10am and 10pm.m. Has worked the past couple days without issue. I do have dogs, so thought maybe they trigger it, but the sensor is placed behind something so the motion isn't triggered.

1 Like

Is this the 6 bucks sensor? What is the model and the manufacturer from the device web page in HE? Typically, only the much more expensive sensors are reporting the illuminance independently from the motion detected...

• manufacturer: _TZE200_3towulqd
  • model: TS0601
1 Like

I have the same, but I don’t see any motion triggered. Illumination does update. Do you have motion events?

Yes. I have two and both report motion. I’m using the Tuya 4-1 driver on here

For the money, worth every penny. Just as, if not more, reliable than my Samsung Smartthings motion

1 Like

Maybe try to pair it again without removing it and keeping it on the 4 in one driver?
It might not have been completely configured upon pairing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.