Driver for IKEA E1745 Motion Sensor?

Amigos,

Can anyone point me to IKEA E1745 Motion Sensor driver ? If it does not exist, any recommendations for working, inexpensive Motion sensor ?

Walter

As far as I know, these suffer from the same issue the older model did that prevents them from working with Hubitat as-is. For a list of devices tested to work, I'd consult the official list: List of Compatible Devices | Hubitat Documentation. However, most Zigbee and (especially) Z-Wave devices should work--these being one exception. You may wish to search the forums first just in case; you can find a lot of threads on Iles devices in general.

What is inexpensive for you will probably depend on where you live and what you can find there locally. Super-cheap devices sometimes have tradeoffs (Xiaomi/Aqara, possibly Sonoff, etc.), so that may be important to consider as well. :slight_smile: I can chime in with suggestions for the US if that's where you are, or perhaps others have ideas for whatever you need too.

People have had good luck with Thirdreality ones using the Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor driver.

For motion/lux there's a community driver for the Aqara P1.

And if you're looking for a motion/temp/lux sensor there's none better (or more expensive :slight_smile: ) than the Philips Hue.

Just bite the bullet and get the Hue. Trust me , after having spent several hundred dollars on others(Aqara, Smartthings, Enerwave, etc) the hue wins. Takes 2 cheap AAA batteries that last a year(depeding on # activations). Many other sensors take very expensive CR2450 batteries

1 Like

I have had a lot of good luck with the Tuya motions and the Tuya third party driver. They are really cheap and solid as long as you use the third party Tuya driver. You can buy them for $10 each.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.