Driver for HomeSeer HS-MS100+ motion sensor

Dear forum:
I've been buying a bunch of HomeSeer HS-MS100+ motion sensors, but HE recognizes them as Zooz ZSE18; that's the closest I can get. I see the specs/interface for the HomeSeer on GitHub, but I can't find a HE driver. Anyone have one? (Some day I'd like to learn how to write a driver.)

Thanks,
Harold

I don’t have any HomeSeer devices, but does the Zooz driver that go selected work? If so, is there anything that you are looking for that it doesn’t support?

1 Like

It would be great to see a driver for this HS-MS100+, I cant get any other driver to work for this.

That looks perfectly identical to the ZSE18, does the Zooz ZSE18 driver not work for it?

If not keep it on the ZSE18 driver, turn on info and debug logging then trigger motion a couple of time. It should produce some logs with all the events coming in. Post a screenshot of the logs.

If needed I could make a combo ZSE18 / MS100 driver.

I've given up on the HS-MS100+. It is too difficult to pair. If you succeed with the ZSE18 driver, all is well. Sometimes it wants to register as Ring. Yes, it is desirable to get a custom driver for it.

That does not matter, you can change it to any driver you want after it is joined to the z-wave radio.

In order to even think about a custom driver I would need the info requested above

Right. The frustration arose from the little beasties refusing to pair at all.
I would be pleased to send you the data to help create a device driver, but I have none of the little beasties left.

Hey guys, I managed to pair four of the HS-MS100+'s with no issues to my hubitat (in powered, z-wave repeater mode). The hub had no issues finding them, although it didn't know which driver to use by default.

Though I'm happy to confirm the ZSE18 driver works absolutely perfect! (Though I only have used the motion detection and motion timeout features)