Driver for Gas Sensor

Any progress with a driver for this zigbee gas sensor? @mike.maxwell ??

2 Likes

No, but of you loan it to me and you're patient I'll see what I can do.

I can't tell from reading here... do people have the Zipato working or no?

I can. It's brand new, in the box. Thanks!

@Eric.C.Miller & @mike.maxwell,
Just coincidentally I paired one of those devices last night with this fingerprint;

HEIMAN 240v Gas Sensor HS1CG-E
(M414-5E ver1.2)
ID: 0C00
Manufacturer: HEIMAN
Product Name:
Model Number: GASSensor-EM
deviceTypeId: 14
manufacturer : HEIMAN
idAsInt : 1
inClusters : 0000,0003,0009,0500
endpointId : 01
profileId : 0104
application : 12
outClusters : 0003,0019
initialized : true
model : GASSensor-EM
stage : 4

I've loaded @cuboy29's driver but it's throwing an error;

@njanda Quick question. What did you do to get all that info on the fingerprint? My data (see pic) only has the following info. thanks @cuboy29 BTW is there any new updates to the driver? thanks

pic1

@razorwing That information is only available as you pair the Zigbee device. After that time you only get the reduced information seen in the device page.

1 Like

This error is probably because you loaded another driver for this device and enabled debug logging. That process scheduled the logOff() method to get kick off sometimes later but I have no logOff() method in my driver.

Nothing to worry about..

I can confirm the driver seems to be working, have seen gas detection events in the log when the key is pressed. I want to do a live test with gas this weekend.

You need to be careful when testing the unit with gas. A high concentration of gas can destroy the unit as per the manual.

Great, thanks for your advice. I will test outdoors at maybe 30cm or so away from the sensor in order to lower the LEL

Ah yes, I do remember that now. Been a while since I put in a new device. Thanks

1 Like

Ah yes, I did try another device driver prior to finding yours.
That’d be it.
Thx

I have the Heiman labeled device. From the pictures it is identical to the Zipato and it pairs

Thanks, I got it working. My device was missing a manual so I didn't see the tiny reset button I had to press to pair it.

I have the Heiman labeled Natural Gas sensor which appears to be paired correctly but the only time I see logs from it is when the TEST button is pressed.
Should I be seeing regular logs from it being reported ??

@njanda It likely depends on what driver you used as to what and when a device reports. I would check the device page and Events to see if you are getting some reporting. I am using the @cuboy29 driver and there is a report roughly every 30 minutes.

1 Like

Ok, thx.
I’m using the same driver so I’ll check the Events when I’m back home.

I believe that cluster is for remotely triggering the alarm.

I'm successfully using your gas driver with the Heiman Zigbee smoke alarm. When I was googling for that device I came across the following description for the clusters:

• still need a low battery reporting (cluster 0x0500 b16ZoneStatus/bit 0)
  • should add the “Alarm” capability to remotely trigger the alarm (using cluster 0x0009)
  • should add the “remote shut off” capability (using cluster 0x0006)
  • should add the “tamper” reporting (cluster 0x0500 b16ZoneStatus/bit 2)

From Heimantech Smoke Detector (zigbee) [ALPHA] - Community Created Device Types - SmartThings Community

1 Like

Anyone mind sharing their rule they have configured for when gas is detected with this driver?