Double-Tap In A Contact Sensor

I have a konnected.io board. Recently, I replaced my alarm keypad with three buttons, and it is amazing. However, there is no button option in konnected (even panic button is a contact sensor). For a couple months, that was fine, but now I would like to get added functionality to the buttons, such as use double-tap as a favorite brightness and for hold to bring the bulb to 100%, then fade downwards as I hold the buttons, but stop when I stop holding, so I can set the perfect button anytime. I have tried to write a webcore script to do the double-tap, but all attempts have led to frustration. I also tried rule machine, but I realized rule machine bas too basic to do this. Any suggestions?

From all this it's still not clear what you are trying to do. What kind of buttons are you using? Couldn't someone breaking in just hit one of your buttons to disarm the alarm?

1 Like

@lewis.heidrick this controls dimmable light bulbs, not my security system. Anyway, basically, I have a a button on the wall (using Konnected). However, it shows up in hubitat as a contact sensor (configured it that way) because there is no button driver for Konnected (panic button is actually a contact sensor). However, this means there is no double-tap and hold. How do I restore this functionality? Do you know of a way to restore this? I tried making a webcore script but it failed.

Is this button a dimmer?

@lewis.heidrick It is a regular push non-latching button
images

Not with that button. Add a zwave switch and you could program it to control all your lights if you want.

The point of the konnected board is to bring your sensors into the hub and use those to trigger automations. Maybe add a relay so you can turn off an on your alarm from Hubitat, or turn on a light when a door opens or a motion sensor triggers, not to control devices.

@lewis.heidrick Basically I already have smart bulbs that can be controlled by Alexa. I also have unused wires in my wall because I don't need my keypad anymore, so I recently replaced the keypad with three buttons. These are very similar to smartthings buttons. However, Konnected does not support button as a type, so I put contact sensor. Currently, I have it so that when the contact closes, it toggles the power state of the smart bulbs. Now, when I double-tap the button, I want to run a different automation. It is a contact sensor though, so there is no double-tap option. I need help creating a "double-close" trigger

Like I said it's seeing the event of the contact sensor not a "Button" so maybe make some complicated rule that monitors for a second "button push" contact sensor close/open after the first within a certain amount of time, but this is never going to work reliably.

@lewis.heidrick I was trying to write a webcore script which waits 500 ms after being pushed once. If it is pushed in that wait, then register as a double-tap, else register it as a single tap. I couldn't figure out how to do it, though. I thought somebody in the community could help me.

Maybe @nate can add button to Konnected?

You might have better luck over in the konnected forums because this is more dependent on the response time of the konnected board and what events it passes on.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.