Doorbell Voltage Device?

I have a Nest Doorbell and I'm having troubles hearing the chime from the basement and Google doesn't have an easy way to add chimes like Ring had. I know the API changes basically make it impossible to have the capability of bringing it into Hubitat, but I was thinking, is there such a device (Zigbee/Z-Wave) I could attach to my doorbell chime leads and when the doorbell button is pressed and it senses the 48v it would trigger something in Hubitat?

If not, does anybody have any other creative solutions?

My last resort is to buy a dedicated Google Home Mini and attach that to the same account so it "announces" when someone's at the door, but ideally, I'd rather have it in Hubitat somehow.

Thanks!

Like this?

2 Likes

Agree with @marktheknife. I bought a Sage doorbell sensor off eBay years ago and it works great. Has 2 inputs for 2 different doorbell and it will β€œpush” a button in HE.

Only complaint is they are battery powered and they don’t report battery level. I ended up hard wiring mine via 5V usb power to a 3.3 step down converter because mine is in the crawl space.

1 Like

I have a Nexia DB100Z, works great if you can find one. Uses 2 AAA batteries and does report level. Community created driver: Nexia Doorbell Sensor (DB100Z) - #10 by kilowatts

1 Like