Doorbell 6 keeps flashing after upgrading to 2.1.1.120

I updated my firmware to 2.1.1.120 last night, and since then my Aeotec Doorbell 6 has been flashing regularly (about once every 5-6 seconds).

When I unpaired it, the flashing stopped. When I re-paired it, the flashing started up again.

Anyone else experience this? Suggestions on how to make it stop?

Thanks!

Tagging @JasonJoel @mike.maxwell

The only way I could stop it was to turn the strobe on (for the Siren child device), and set the strobe light effect to be off.

Turning the strobe off starts it flashing again ....

What does the battery level show for the button?

@krlaframboise

It shows "1". I'm pretty sure it used to be 100%. The battery level for my other GoControl sirens also shows "1". This is something new ...

I've been out of town all week, so I don't know if my siren 6 is sitting are flashing or not.

I did upgrade all my hubs to .120 though, when out if town. So I guess I will see this afternoon when I get home.

1 Like

The random flashing LED is usually caused by the battery voltage dropping below 2.8V. The battery that came with one of mine died really fast, but the others have been fine.

I've also found that the battery level sometimes goes back up after pressing the button device's refresh button.

1 Like

Thanks! I will check the battery tonight when I go home.

In general, how is the performance of the Doorbell 6? Is the range between the button and the siren pretty good? I've been debating getting one. I've had a lot of problems with the honeywell doorbell I've been using for a couple years. Been trying to find a replacement.

1 Like

Range is excellent. I have the Siren about 30 ft and 2 walls away. The siren is loud and the response time is great. Automations work just fine.

The only problem is that additional buttons are not available at this time.

1 Like

Thanks!! Think I'm going to have to pick one up. :slight_smile:

This was indeed the problem. Pushing the refresh button reset the battery to 80%. It's been fine ever since.

Thank you!

1 Like