Door/Window sensor delay in status change

I have a door/window sensor on my front gate so I can tell when the gate is open. Unfortunately it isn't playing nice and I often times get a delayed response after the gate is shut. Yes, the delay normally happens after shutting the gate.

Looking at the log for that device, do you think this is a issue with the sensor really not sending it back when the gate shuts, or is the message back getting lost and just comes through at some point in time? I moved the magnet closer to the device to make sure it was close enough and it is one of the farthest devices from the hub. So Installed a Zwave repeater and that didn't seem to help at all.

You'll notice today when I was home for lunch I left to come back to work at 12:17pm where you can see the gate open. I shut it within 5 seconds, but you see the signal didn't get logged until 12:31pm. Yet yesterday afternoon when I came home at 4:42:13 the gate opened and the showed closed at 4:42:17 as I would expect.

Any thoughts where I should look? I did install a repeater thinking it might be because it was some distance away. But that didn't help at all.

What type of device is this sensor? How far is it from the nearest repeater?

SENSATIVE Z-WAVE PLUS STRIPS GUARD INVISIBLE DOOR WINDOW SENSOR.

Maybe 15 to 20 ft from the nearest repeater.

Your gate isn't metal is it? These have been known to be flaky on aluminum windows so I assume the same problem would exist for wrought iron gates as well. Also, I don't see any battery events in the device history there. What is the current battery percentage reading? I don't have any of these personally but from what I have heard these aren't the most reliable sensors on the planet. Maybe someone else will have some tips for you. Sorry.

No, it's wood. This seemed to be the only waterproof or resistant open/close sensors around. I'm thinking about going with a mechanical switch and run wire out there to a open/close sensor closer to the house that accepts wire inputs instead of the magnets. I really need this to be reliable for what I'm using it for.

A wired contact sensor would probably be very reliable in this use-case and could be completely waterproofed. And running low voltage out to there wouldn't be a hassle like trying to run mains powered AC. If you're going that route, take a look at the Hubduino project here on the forum. It might be of some help.