Don't Turn On If Already On

I was hoping to avoid posting this but this newbie is struggling. I'm looking for aid in my first motion and mode lighting app. Here's what I'm aiming for:

Turn on lights IF motion sensor is triggered AND not already on.

In practice, I have light strips and a motion sensor under the bed. If I get up in the middle of the night, I want my light strips to turn on, as well as my bathroom, hallway, and kitchen light. I have figured out how to do this.

The issue is if the bed LED are already on, the rule overrides these lights. For example, we like to have the light in the room pink. If one of us gets out of bed, the bed LED turns red, the colour we use for the motion sensor. I don't want my motion sensor rule to trigger if I already have the lights on.

I've been playing with the "Options for Turn-on, Disable, and Enable Lights-On" portion of the motion app but I haven't been able to figure this out. Thanks for your help!

Have you made sure the "Do turn on even if any already on" option is not enabled? (This is the default and should do what you're asking.)

Correct, it is not enabled. Here is what I've got so far. I tried playing with the "Switch to disable turning on" with my bed LED being the switch, however the motion app won't trigger, even if the LEDs are off. I have also confirmed Hubitat recognizes it is between sunset and sunrise currently.

Figured it out! I used the Rule Machine, although there probably is a way to make this simple rule in the Motion and Modes App. Here is what I did for you future Googlers out there:

glad you found a solution. don't forget to close off that IF with a ENDIF

2 Likes