Doesn't seem to be able to add phone as device

Hi,

I am trying to get my phone to show up as a device (choosable in the notifications app) in HE to get the notifications to work. I have been reading around in the forums but it doesn't help.

When i first installed the app i don't really remember if it asked me to create an device, but if i go into the settings press "Hub "name"" it askes me to select hub, i do that and it says "We could not find any Mobile Presence Device on your Hub, do you want to create a new device?", then if i press "create new device" it takes me back to the settings menu, sometimes with the error message "Hub Unavailable, Hub is not responsive, please make sure it is online and connected to the cloud" How do i connect it to the cloud? The settings "Device name" and " Geofence" does change back to default as well. When googleing it every hit just mentions that it is not cloud-dependent.

I have tried reinstalling the app (cleaning data in-between uninstall-reinstall). Most likely i have turned something of that i didn't thought i need. But i cant find any settings about this.

Dashboard and everything i can do on the computer works on the phone app.

Best regards

Stefan Larsson

Been a while since I did this, so I cannot confirm nor deny :sunglasses:, but I may have, after installing the app, turned on Geofence, and then set the Geofence radius (bottom of the app), and may have then clicked on Send GeoEvent...

1 Like

I did just now try to set a radius and send a "geoevent", i does reply "geo event sent", but still can't create a my phone as a device.

Best regards

Hmmm. Check your devices, it may have added for you (my theory: you can’t send a GeoEvent from a device that doesn’t exist).

Yes!

I checked the debug information which showed " service not available" (Which means that did in fact not send an event as the message told me, bug?). But the error also told me to turn on high precision on the positioning, then when i sent geo event it actually got sent and my phone showed up in devices, thank you for your help.

Best regards

1 Like