Does this device exist? Edison bulb screw-> Zigbee module-> 120V

I realize there are other (and perhaps better) ways to achieve this...(most of which would incur a rewire/reconfigure of the lighting assembly currently in place).

But let's go for the turnkey -

• looking to attach (2-prong plug, but could be cut off) 120V LED holiday lights into ZigBee controlled power that is on the other end of an Edison style bulb screw. Oh, and it should be reasonably weatherproof.

Anyone seen such a beast? This would allow a very simple annual and temporary bulb swap & lighting install. Hacking a bulb wouldn't offer the requisite juice out the other side of an LED configured power module.

If I take this "just screw it in every year" route I'm probably going to have to start with one of these and then go into one of the ZigBee switch modules out there.

Not small and tidy...but workable.

Closest I've seen:

2 Likes

Ah, yeah...that WOULD DO IT.

The Edison screw in outlets to go into that... are available.

Dang, hope that wasn't 25% less on Cyber Monday. :grimacing:

One would have thought a "ZigBee socket" search in Amazon would have pulled that up. :thinking:

Thanks!

Addendums for future viewers:

• One does need to be cautious about the usage - Max. Load: 2.5 Amp / Max. Power: 100W

• Reviews are ALL over the map for these devices, thought I would link to one that is relevant to us.

""

Zigbee Model - it DOES work!

Reviewed in the United States on September 19, 2021

It looks like Amazon is combining reviews for the older, WiFi model and this newer, Zigbee model. It DOES work! I'm talking about "ZigBee Smart Light Bulb Socket, AICase Upgraded [2 Pack]". If you buy the Zigbee version, it will not work on wifi or with an app or whatever else other reviewers are discussing. This zigbee model requires a hub with a zigbee radio and an app that connects to that hub. It is for people who do not want to use WiFi for their smart home products. I am using Hubitat and it works perfectly. I did not have to install any special apps or jump through any type of registration hoop - I simply screwed in the light socket, screwed in an LED light to that, and turned on power to the socket. The device automatically went into pairing mode, and I was able to discover it in Hubitat just like every other device I've added. The process would be the same for Smartthings, Homeassistant, or any other hub with a zigbee radio. Have to give credit, this is the only "smart socket" I've been able to find that isn't wifi, and it works.

""

Addendum:
Many of you may have realized this already but these sockets/lamp adapters came up with the same device identifiers as these relays which have been rock solid for me. That ups my opinion of the sockets for sure, fingers crossed they function as well as the relays and last as long.

1 Like

"e27 zigbee lamp adapter" did the trick. My old specialty was based on search keywords (SEO).

3 Likes

This could save you a bit of hacking...

GE Polarized Handy Plug, 2 Pack, Convert Light Bulb Socket to Outlet Adapter, 2-Prong, Easy to Install, UL Listed, Black, 54276 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002DN6QX2/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_VAZRARPKYSTZF76SHYMT

1 Like

Yep, I'm on it already. Thanks for adding that for the next ones following this thread.

Cheers.

These work great with HE. I have a bunch of them, wish I could find a larger quantity of them

1 Like