Does RM have a copy and paste function?

I would like to take my all off trigger and make a copy of it so that I can modify it some for a different trigger with out having to total redo it...... Would be easier to start with the base and edit, but need to keep the base because it serves its own purpose.

1 Like

In a word, no.
No such option I'm afraid.

Absolutely agree. It would be very useful.

I think this has been requested previously so maybe already on the wish list. It would be a great addition IMO.

Duplicate was in the sights of @bravenel, but I recall him saying this was going to require some time due to level of changes to the overall structure required.

Thanks for the replies, I will patiently wait then.

bumping this up -
Not having the ability to script or copy rules is truly maddening and highly frustrating. I am trying to program a few button devices.
I would like the ability to duplicate rules for button actions and cut and paste between buttons. The RM editor is probably the biggest weakness Hubitat has and surprised that there is no attention to this.

You can copy/duplicate rules.

3 Likes

That helps marginally. How do you copy between button actions? or duplicate conditions you have already defined - the copy/clone function needs to go deeper.

Also defining complex rules in the first place is tedious and hard, This javascript driven UI is kludgy, ugly and slow as molasses. I am writing a couple of simple rules with 4-5 if conditions, and it took more than hour, anytime you make a mistake, correcting it is so slow. Would have been easier if you could type the rule in and the UI wold allow you you to pick devices as you went along sort of like the people picker when you do @ .
That @ type auto completion from a list paradigm is well understood and would probably work for most of rule building.
@bravenel

1 Like