Does anyone make a device/ clock like this zigbee or atleast h.e, h.k or h.a compatible

Image for those who don't want to click the link:

2 Likes

Thank you

Could you use an Echo Show? Not zigbee (well... kinda is but not in the way I think you mean) but there is integration.

1 Like

To display the time, yes. But not ambient temperature and humidity.

1 Like

How about he Echo Show 5? Works great on my nightstand.

I don’t trust Amazon devices with mic. I know I’m weird.

Click the Microphone Mute button on top... Close the camera shutter. Problem solved.

2 Likes

I still don’t trust it :joy:

1 Like

@frmWink2Hubitat

What information did you want to bring into Hubitat from the device you linked to (not the Echo Show 5)? Because you specifically mentioned compatibility with Hubitat, or HomeKit, or Home Assistant?

Time is already available to Hubitat.
Temperature/Humidity can be brought in either by weather integration (for outdoor conditions) or temperature/humidity sensors.

1 Like

I was just curious if there was one. I could just buy that clock and a separate zigbee sensor

1 Like

And now your facebook feed will fill up with ads for the Echo Show.

1 Like

There are internet connected clocks/smart displays ......

Looking into that. The zigbee temp sensors you suggested, anyway to get them sooner than a month?

Look into LaMetric Time:
https://www.amazon.com/LaMetric-Time-Wi-Fi-Clock-Smart/dp/B01IVTVK3W/

How many do you need? I have 2 that are brand new that I'm not using. I think I paid $14 each plus shipping (bought these during the pandemic, pre-pandemic they were $10). You can have them at cost + shipping. PM me if you're interested.

BTW, there are pre-existing Node-RED flows to get information into the LaMetric Time display. For example:

I remember when that clock was a 1 off. And thx but no thx, I need 12

1 Like

That's too bad. One month passes quickly if you go this route.

FWIW, the mute button physically disconnects the mic circuit on Echo devices. Even Jeff Bezos himself couldn’t turn it back on once you turn it off. Unless you invite him into your house. Then all bets are off. Kinda like a vampire.

Here’s a teardown of an echo flex, as one example:

2 Likes

Yea, I believe you, I’m just against it. Plus, I have bad luck. Mine will be defective and record me