Does anyone know noob (no soldering) Hubitat way to do this project?

EcoLink makes contact sensors with screw connections inside them for just this type application. No soldering just striping back the wires and screwing them into a terminal connection.

I was thinking about doing that with this, it has 2 screw terminals on the bottom and is a bit cheaper, 1 piece, no magnet etc...

Aqara Water Leak Sensor, REQUIRES AQARA HUB, Wireless Water Leak Detector, Wireless Mini Flood Detector for Alarm System and Smart Home Automation, For Kitchen Bathroom Basement, Works with IFTTT - - Amazon.com

This is a WIFI device so make sure there is a driver and it probably won't work if your internet is down.

@aaiyar do you think this would work? Zigbee mesh issues not withstanding Thank you

Tap water conducts electricity, so when this sensor gets immersed in water the two contacts will be connected and the sensor can send an alarm.

It’s zigbee, a non standard zigbee

I'm using them here with no issue. Should I expect issues since it's non-standard Zigbee?

@darryl.kegg Its usually harder to pair aquaria stuff to hubitat

Is that the only issue? Or is it also harder to KEEP paired? I had no issues whatsoever pairing the Aquara water sensor, wet\dry testing worked fine and I've had no problem reports from it since. I get battery life etc.. Of course it's under a washer, so if it stops responding I'd never know...

they also sometimes drop off, but its usually an issue with repeaters. See this guide Xiaomi & Aqara Devices - Pairing & Keeping them connected

Could be bed sensor?

They said yes on the of thread

I have 4 of them and have not had any issue with them dropping off. It was a pain to pair some of them, and others just paired immediately.

The Ikea Zigbee repeaters work well with them. The Tuya Zigbee 3.0 repeaters are probably the best way to go.

OK sorry I just saw the first note on the page you linked to and it said it required a 2.4Ghz secure network, so I assumed it was WIFI.