Does anyone have Kodi connected to Hubitat?

We use Kodi rather than Plex for our main media centre PC.
With ST I was able to set rules that if a movie was playing I could set certain lighting etc..
This was done using the following GitHub - joshualyon/ST-Kodi: Kodi for SmartThings - Device Type and SmartApp for ST

I was wondering if anyone has a way of doing similar in Hubitat as I'm trying to get the last few things off ST?

Do you have Harmony?
I set mine based on the Harmony activity in use.

I do and I have that set currently but with ST I was able to use the attached SmartApp / Device to set Movie lighting when we watch a movie using the following options in WebCore

I may keep ST anyway once I fully migrate across as I think there are a few things that aren't going to work in Hubitat currently

Which are you using Phil? I see a couple on ST forum.

This is the one I was using that the tracktype reporting works on

Kodi has an exposed API (https://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v9) that can be called using websockets. You could write a simple app (or driver, perhaps) that could subscribe to the websocket and report when a player has started playing a media item and then inspect the returned JSON and grab the media type.

I used to use this with Insteon. It's just http get, so you could use it as an example.

http://www.smarthome.com.au/smarthome-blog/xbmc-insteon-add-on/

Looks like I need to learn how to write an App / Driver then!

Where to start lol...

Haven't ever done anything like this so will take a while to get my head around it.

Did you try just porting? You can remove the tiles from the driver code, they are not used on HE. Change occurrences of physicalgraph to hubitat in the code.

I did on the one Kodi for ST Beta, I sorted the physicalgraph references and was able to get to save but was then throwing up errors so I played around with some stuff and made it worse so would have to start again :slight_smile:

If you haven’t already, post what the errors are and someone here should be able to help you sort it out.

With the help of Roy over PM we have been able to get the App and Driver to install and I have then been able to get the driver to pause / play etc. But it isn't reading the state of the playing media.

I have got it to work by overriding the auto-discovery as this doesn't find my devices.

The error I'm getting is groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_app_boshdirect_Kodi__formerly_XBMC__195.parseLanMessage() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.Boolean) values: [mac:XXXXXXX, networkAddress:C0A801B4, deviceAddress:50, ssdpPath:/description.xml, ssdpUSN:uuid:2f402f80-da50-11e1-9b23-0017882d484c, ssdpTerm:urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:basic:1, ssdpNTS:, ...] on line 257 (onLocation)

Line 257 onwards is " def lanEvent = parseLanMessage(evt.description, true)" and is in the group as follows:

/**

• Called when location has changed, contains information from

• network transactions. See deviceDiscovery() for where it is

• registered.

• @param evt Holds event information
    */
    def onLocation(evt) {
    // Convert the event into something we can use
    def lanEvent = parseLanMessage(evt.description, true)
    lanEvent << ["hub":evt?.hubId]

//log.debug "LAN EVENT: ${lanEvent}"

// Determine what we need to do...
    if ( lanEvent?.ssdpTerm?.contains(getDeviceType()) )
    {
    parseSSDP(lanEvent)
    }
    else if (
    lanEvent.headers && lanEvent.body &&
    lanEvent.headers."content-type".contains("xml")
    )
    {
    def xmlData = new XmlSlurper().parseText(lanEvent.body)
    parseDESC(xmlData)
    }
    }

I used the same device type handler from Joshua in ST as well. I've never coded in groovy before, but I am willing to help, test, or any other way I can to keep this rolling. I would like to port this over too. This and alarmdotcom are my last integrations running on ST.

Can you post the driver and app here?