DIY 1923 Offgrid Home total refurbishment Wiring

@Stinger , if you are adding Konnected to your already existing (and I assume UL approved) alarm system, then its lack of UL approval probably does not impact anything regarding insurance, etc. A warning on the Konnected site warns that its stand alone “alarm system” board when used as a replacement for your existing alarm panel is definitely NOT UL approved.

Your sensors (PIRs, contacts etc) can be integrated for automation use with Hubitat with both Konnected as well as Envislink. Since I already had an Envisalink capable panel (a twenty year old DSC PC5020) I had purchased both a Konnected and Envisalink to try both out and went with the Envisalink for a variety of reasons stated in another thread in this community. This of course is all moot it your existing panel will not work with Envisalink (I would check with Envisalink support directly to definitively find out if your panel is non-compatible with your DSC as IMHO the Envisalink has some distinctive advantages over the Konnected).

Jumping ship on Lutron Caseta with a Hub Pro - Instead moving to this new product -- Blue Series Smart 2-1 Switch (Zigbee 3.0) - 10 pk

Fits Goals better - C7 hub only and price is more inline with my budget.

Hit me up if you're selling your dimmers

Was looking at some old 2 wire (no ground) wiring in an old place the other day and remembered your project. While you had everything ripped out and accessible the case I am dealing with doesn't.

I recalled you talking about going low voltage with a lot of stuff. On the project I'm looking at I'm asking myself WHY rewire for 120V lighting when access is so difficult and low voltage would do the trick these days...and also offer the advantage of allowing re-threading low voltage wiring through some tight spots without all the requirements of what 120V would require for code/safety.

Have not read much about people doing entire lighting plans based on POE...but I wonder why not.