Discussion about the C7

I have a few Innoveli switches and they work fine on 1.48 switch firmware in both 2.2.3148 and 2.2.4.129 beta.

2 Likes

I'd pickup a uzb stick for 19 bucks from mouser. It's well worth the investment.

I think , given lewis.heidrik's post above, it's fair to save 2.2.4 is now in beta testing and so moving forward to release shortly - hang on in there..

2 Likes

:laughing:

Good thing he isn't in Fight Club.

7 Likes

As we have gone back into lockdown in the UK from Thursday, I need this firmware update to play with.
No problems please beta testers. :wink:

I have knowledge that the first rule (literally) for the Adobe software prerelease program is that you can't tell people you're in the pre-release program.

1 Like

And.....nothing zwave works. Right in time for our Halloween party too!

I’m done. Anyone want to buy a C7?

1 Like

I would hang on a few days for 2.2.4 and make a decision then....

3 Likes

Don't make the assumption you'll be all good when you go back to ST. I too had a bit of a nightmare moving zwave devices to hubitat after everything being good on smartthings. When I moved them back I had similar issues. Turns out a couple of my older devices have basically gone bad during the migration.

I’m going to message support tomorrow and see if I can get the beta version. It can’t possibly be any worse than what’s happening now.

I won’t go back to ST at this stage if I decide to move on. I may just have to have zwave devices live on my C3 until I decide what to do.

I excluded the Inovelli several hours ago (it was device 0B). The device is gone from the device list and I don’t see any obvious ghost nodes. Yet, even after several reboots today, the routing looks like this - note that some routes still have 0B in them:

@bcopeland can @blanghor be added to the beta?

Ob will still be in the routing as those are not zwve plus devices and will not self heal routes without a repair. You really need to replace the non plus devices. I see a bunch.

Sorry your experience was not great. What do you want for the hub?

I've repaired the node several times and it keeps coming up with the 0B device (again, the one I removed yesterday) in the routing. Strangely the device seems to work

Regarding replacing all my zwave devices - I'm not replacing them en masse. If a device supports Zwave, it needs to support Zwave - period. One or two problematic devices would be one thing, but this isn't acceptable.

1 Like

I feel your pain, nearly 12 months in and I have to pull the plug still around once a week on my c5 to restart the z-wave because my z-wave devices become unresponsive. It just the hub can't handle a large burst of messages

I'm going to give the next firmware a try before I decide but if that doesn't pan out, I'll let you know.

agreed but i found the radio much weaker in zwave (vs smarthings) and if you dont have a robust mesh and one node drops off or is failing zwave is very problamatic.. i replaced all my zwave with zwave plus and added extra extenders etc 2-3 per floor and have had great results.. I did replace all my zwave other than a few in both houses for this reason and now it is much much better.. I agree we shouldn't have to, but that is kinda the nature of the beast .. .zwave without plus is just crap in my opinion.

this is my current zwave mesh in one of the houses..

Summary

!

the couple of devices listed as failed are not really as they are battery and working fine.. hopefully this abberation is fixed in 2.2.4

224 beta is running fast for me...

2 Likes