Disabled rules still showing scheduled?

I have paused and disabled most of my rules over the last year since my automation logic is in Node-RED. However, all the scheduled rules still show as "running" in the "Logs -> Scheduled Jobs" section. I know that "paused" rules will still run but not take any action, but expected that "disabling" a rule would kill everything. Is this normal behavior?

Hub- C5, Platform - 2.3.1.142

I'm pretty sure 'stopping' the rule deletes the schedules. Maybe disabling has the same effect as pausing.

1 Like

How do you "stop" the rule? The only options that I was aware of were pause/disable (at least form the UI)

Whwn you open the rule it is there with the pause button.

1 Like

Ah - since I have disabled my rules I can't get to the "Define a Rule" page... seems really strange that disabling will not completely kill it though :man_shrugging:t4:

EDIT: I don't think the "stop" action is there in the original Simple Automation Rules engine. The only option I see is "Pause".

Disabling doesn't undo any schedules, subscriptions, etc. Howeever, when those happen, the app (or driver) code will not run, per it being disabled. This is different from pausing, which is an in-app (not platform-level) feature offered by specific apps, so the app will still has to wake and decide what to do (which should be nothing--because it's paused).

Rule Machine (which, BTW, is older than Simple Automation Rules in general but has been around in Hubitat since the beginning, just like Rule Machine) offers slightly different options here, it appears. I'd probably "Stop" the rules that you can. But I wouldn't worry about just disabling anything else, assuming you still want to keep them around at all.

1 Like

Thanks - it's not that big a deal, just very counter intuitive! I'm going to hang on to the rules just in case I ever want to go back to automation logic in HE,

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.