Difficulty disabling hub login security

I can't seem to get hub security disabled. I go to My Account/Registered Hubs/Hub Details/Advanced and click on the Disable Hub Login Security button. I get a Successfully Disabled Login Security message, but it's not disabled. I've tried different browsers but every time I go back to My Account, I get the log in screen. So, I'm obviously missing a step or steps. Any idea what I did wrong. C-7 w/2.2.7.119

Have you tried under Settings->Hub Login security?

That takes me to hub_ip/hub/userAdmin. The only thing I can do there is add a user.

Want to say that I had to reboot the hub after turning off security to make it stick...

Tried that. No joy. Login Security is still enabled despite it telling me "Successfully Disabled Login Security"

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, we are unable to replicate this problem. We were able to enable/disable the hub from Hub Details. Using "Disable Hub Security" option on my.hubitat.com doesn't require hub reboot. Have you tried logging into my.hubitat.com using an incognito mode, by any chance, and also using incognito mode to access the hub after disabling the login?

I tried incognito mode. Not successful. Is there an indication other than "Successfully Disabled Login Security"? For example should the "Disable Hub Login Security" button change? Does the "Hub Login Security" page change? (Right now the only choice is to add a user.)

Are there other settings I may have that could prevent disabling from succeeding?

This may seem unrelated, but your database seems to have grown to 3.5G. That's not normal. Please go to Settings - Backup and Restore, create and download a local backup, perform a soft reset, and restore the database once hub boots into a green screen. Restore link is at the bottom of that "getting started" green screen page.

1 Like

That was a little scary, but every thing seems OK after the soft reset. However, it did not change my inability to disable login security. It's still won't disable. Note, after the soft reset, when I go to "My Account" it opens 2 identical My Account pages. Also note, I'm testing disabling by disabling it on Edge. Then I use a Firefox browser to test My Account/Registered Hubs. FireFox also now opens 2 pages.

Also, how can I found out how big my database is and what is normal?

There should be an alert on the hub's home page (http://hubs.ip.address.here/) if database is getting out of hand.

Could you please try clearing all browser settings for an IP?
In Chrome, go to chrome://settings/siteData, search by hub's IP, and click trash icon to entry's right to delete.
UI security looks disabled as far as I can tell from the support tool. If issue persists after clearing browser settings, could you post the screen shot of what you're getting?

Cleared the settings and I still get this:

What I'm trying to do is this:

http://hubip:8080/hub/reboot // weekly cleanup
http://hubip:8080/hub/shutdown // UPS power loss

They each return 404 errors and from what I've been able to learn here, I need to disable login security for them to work.

It looks like you may have your login security tied to an external account? If so you may need to create a local account to be able to disable it. However rather than disabling it you could try Hubitat Hub Controller which will work with login security enabled. To automate one of the options you use Run Custom Action and a capability type of actuator to be able to select the virtual device you configured to use the Hubitat Hub Controller device type.

1 Like

That security is for the account web site, it is not optional. The closest workaround is saving password in the browser. UI security in the hub UI refers to hub itself (local IP ending with 204).

2 Likes

If you go straight to http://HubIP does it prompt you for login? That would be the only login you need to turn off to use the commands you wanted to use (even though it's not necessary using the Hubitat Hub Controller virtual device) and that should be controlled in settings->Hub login security.

1 Like

Problem solved and shame on me. For testing purposes, I was initially just entering the URL in a web browser and received the 404 error without ever just trying it in a rule. Just wrote a quick 2 line rule in RM to reboot at 1:55 PM and "it just worked." Too much caution on my part. Apologies and thanks to all for putting up with this.