Different tones for pushover based on specific rule

So is it possible to have a specific tone sent to pushover for a specific trigger? For instance, If the front door is left open, push over gets the notification with the honking tone, but if my toddler's door opens after 9pm it sends the pushover notification with the siren tone.

It is possible, but not with the existing Hubitat built-in driver. You can use my Pushover Driver which has had a few enhancements made to it by community members to allow one to choose the tone played on a per message basis by embedding that data into the text message. The Driver then parses that information out and sends the correct request to Pushover.

For testing, you can simply add a new virtual device using this driver, and then copy in your Pushover API key and any other settings you'd like. This will give you a way to test the new functionality without disrupting your current automations/notifications whatsoever.

Note: This driver was the basis for the Hubitat built-in driver. I am not sure what changes Hubitat has made to it over the years. I do know that users are still using my driver without any issues. I just wanted to make sure you were aware.

3 Likes

Wow, much thanx. I will definitely go ahead and give this a try. You are another reason I love this hardware. The community support for it is unparalleled..

1 Like

I can verify this does work, I use it regularly . It is a really nice feature.

1 Like

So what is the format I would use in the message variables?. I assume under send message it would be β€œSuch and such event triggered %whateversound%” How would I format the message? (Thx in advance for the help!”

There are examples of using all of the optional features near the bottom of the first post in my Pushover driver thread linked above.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.