Did I do this right? RM to Nodered

I’m a nodered newb but trying to one by one tackle moving my RM items to Nodered. This one was a challenge for me, so I’m curious if I did it right or how I should go about making it simpler. RM logic seems straight forward while it seemed to make me misfire a few times in NR.

Goal: to tell me if pool heater accidentally turns off prior to reaching 89 - usually due to low flow volume, or pump being off (external pool speed switches are overridden by local controls).

I assume that you want this to work automatically because it looks like it would only work when you click the Inject node. Your first 3 Device Nodes don't have "Send Events" checked because the blue squares underneath are hollow. If you want this flow to check conditions any time Pool Heater, Pool - Speed 2 or Pool Heater Power changes, the click "Send Events" for those nodes.

Then your Device Nodes will have a solid blue box underneath with current status like this (I change the color of the different node types in Hubitat so this is my Device Node):

Without seeing what your Function Nodes say, I am not sure I can be much help with that and I am trying to figure out how to best use the Boolean Logic Node myself. :grinning:

You're right - sorry, I was simply injecting so I could get a status without toggling the switches because actually doing that would cause issues right now.

The functions are all like this, or if msg.payload.value < 10.

if (msg.payload.value == 'on') {
    msg.payload=true
}
return msg;

I was just curious if there was an easier way to do this as RM seems very straight forwarded, but translating to NR took awhile. Was wondering if I'm missing something simple.

So basically I am of no help to you then? :grinning: If it makes you feel better, looking at your use of the boolean nodes helped me fix the first flow that I have tried that node. :grinning:

Is your flow working correctly 100% or is something going wrong? It looks like it SHOULD work best I can tell. One of great things about NR is that you could show 10 people that rule in HE and ask us to convert to NR and you would get 10 different answers.

3 Likes

Ha! I was wondering if the cancel if truth change is done correctly. I assume if the first three end up false, send the stop node. Just seems overly complex for a few if statements in RM. KISS has me looking for the “a ha” way of doing it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.