Device Watchdog

I’m getting a Device Watchdog Activity Report that a particular Iris z-wave repeater has no activity for 7 days.

Does device watchdog work properly with Iris z-wave repeaters? If so, does that mean my report is telling me that nothing is routing through the repeater?

EDIT: Oops! It’s NOT an Iris repeater, it’s an Aeotec Range Extender 6. Sorry for the mistake.

Use shackrat's driver for the z-wave part of the plug, it tells you if active, but...

NB: People & @bobbyd have reported some issues with these plugs as z-wave repeaters

Find driver here, it's one of the only ways to tell if repeater is working

1 Like

Device watchdog's activity report looks for changes in state not mesh routing. It works best with devices that report temperature, humidity, battery, lux, and a few others as a value is constantly being updated. If you have a automation which turns on or off a switch, outlet, or plug like the Iris device then device watchdog would be able to see it being active and could warn if it stops responding to commands. However for most light switches outlets or plugs where you turn it on or off a few times a day when your home maybe even with motion yet when your not home it never gets switched so Device Watchdog would report that it hasn't been active. You'll get better guidance posting in the Device Watchdog post though as BPTWorld may have a solution I haven't noticed.

Ok, here's an example of how crappy the iris repeaters can be. They are all in the same basement room, no walls, distance max is 10 ft from hub and each other

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.