Device type On/Off plug-in unit not supported - Hue Integration

I have several Hue Smart plugs (Model: LOM004, SW: 1.76.10 and Model: LOM010, SW: 1.76.11) setup on my Hue Bridge (SW: 1.48.1948086000), but when I try to setup the Hue Integration on my Hubitat (Model C-7, SW: 2.3.0.119) I get the following error in the log:

app:332021-12-15 11:21:08.398 warnDevice type On/Off plug-in unit not supported

What can I do to make this work? I really hope I do not have to delete all of them (at least 8) on my Hue bridge and set them up in Hubitat again. A switch is way less complicated than a bulb. It has less states and features, thus I don't really understand why they are not supported in the Hue Bridge Integration.

You could use a community Hue integration to import them. I’m partial to CoCoHue by @bertabcd1234 , which I have been using since version 1. Version 4 (beta) supports push events from the Hue bridge(s) so the polling can be done less frequent. Scenes, even from Hue labs, can also be imported with it.

3 Likes

Perfect. Thanks for your quick reply. I am fairly new to Hubitat, so I will have to search for that community plugin and how to install it. Can't wait to read up on all the documentation.

I was mostly looking at code and it seems quite easy. I guess people install a mitm proxy on their phone (or use Wireshark) to get the requests to the brige api and then just mirror them... Pretty cool.

1 Like

The easiest method for installing/updating custom smartapps is to use Hubitat Package Manager

4 Likes

Thanks, I've already done that.

The devices were created on my Hubitat, and I can turn them on/off. But when I create a Dashboard, I get the message that no devices are authorized. I will post a comment in the CoCoHue topic....

I’m assuming you have figured it out. I have a Hue outlet on one of my dashboards. I don’t really use dashboards, so I just added it to make sure it worked.

Yes, I did. Thank you. I had to add the devices in the dashboard app screen first, before I could actually add them in the dashboard. The logic is a bit off, but ok. As long as I know the workflow, all is good.
Out of curiosity, if you don't use dashboards, how do you control your devices? Are you using the device view alone? Or are all of your devices connected to motion sensors? Although I doubt that, because motion sensors do not always make sense. And how to you set a lighting theme in a room?

As I said, I'm new to Hubitat and home automation, but I would have guessed that one just clicked a button on a cell phone app to make such changes. e.g. let's say I wanted to set a galaxy scene in my living room.

I suspect I have a lot more reading to do. Haha. I will figure it out eventually.

I have several ways. I have Echo dots in every room, except the master bathroom and bedroom, where I have Homepod minis. I use the built in integration for Alexa, and the community Homebridge integration (by @tonesto7) for Siri/Apple Home. I mostly use the Apple home app if I need to check something or change something that’s not easily done by voice command. Siri seems to still work in this capacity with no internet, while the echos won’t even respond if there’s an outage. I also have a mix of Hue dimmers, Lutron Aurora dimmers, GE Zigbee dimmers, and Zooz Z-wave 700 dimmers (which are mostly for setting scenes imported from Hue). I do have around 30 motion sensors.

1 Like

Wow, I don't trust any devices that require a public cloud system or an Internet connection, which means that Alexa, Nest, Siri are out of the question for me.

The fact that I can use API calls to talk to the devices also means I could write my own control center if I wanted to. A Go web application server would be awesome. Well, a project for another time....

The reason I started adding Siri/Apple Home/Homebridge is that it runs local on an always-on computer. I don’t need an internet connection to control it from the Home app.