Device State Reporting

Overall pretty decent but you have several with high route changes (I'm seeing a few over 150 but even the ones in the 40's are way high). I would try to individually repair those nodes. I would also re pair anything with S2 with no security (except for door locks and garage door openers) as that will lessen overhead on the mesh and really isn't needed.

Is there an easy way to do this that doesnt require fixing all of the rules etc?

Yeah, create a virtual device as a place holder and name it the same thing as the device but add virtual to the end so you don't get confused. Then use device swap (under settings) to swap that device with the one you need to deal with. When you re pair it back, swap them back. That way you won't have to go from rule to rule.

2 Likes

Can the Replace option be used to swap from an S2 device to an unsecured device?

yes, the only thing it doesn't work on is child devices because of the relationship they have with the parent

Yes. it can.

I think @mbishop is referring to the "Z-Wave Replace" command, and not "Swap Apps Device".

Ahh my bad..

Did all of this, still having issues with locks reporting and control. Not sure yet on the door sensors. Its almost like the z wave radio is over loaded. Is there any known issues? I wonder if a new hub may help?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.