Device Page: Room Collapsing Whack-a-mole

Hello,

I use the Android version of the HE app on a Samsung device. I've witnessed some behavior that I thought was strange but I've now had a chance to document it and validate/reproduce my observations.

In the device screen, it has all my rooms and the subsequent devices in each room and indicates devices that are on/off. No problems there.

The problems come from the room collapsing. When you start collapsing rooms (so you can see more rooms on the screen) they expand again on their own (and not always immediately. I thought maybe this was by design and it was expanding rooms that had ON devices but I verified, that's not always true. It's a very quirky behavior that's difficult to articulate without a video, so I did just that!

Oh no! It looks like my video is too big. Let me put it somewhere and hyperlink it to this post.

The stated problem is that I can't have all the rooms collapsed on the devices page (making it easier for me to scroll/find/expand the room I want). Admittedly, I don't use this page often but noticed this quirky behavior.

1 Like

Interesting! Lol. I just tried it on the iPhone and that doesn’t happen.

Tagging @moncho1138

Will look into it.

1 Like

You're absolutely right. I just tried it on iOS and all of them collapsed fine as expected.

1 Like

I've got the same issue as the OP... just never bothered me enough to bring it up.

I raised this back in July, it appears it was a known issue, not sure if anything has been identified since...

1 Like