Device not showing up when trying to add to dashboard

I’m trying to add my new wall switch to my dashboard. While in my dashboard, I choose the add button (+) it takes me to the add tile screen. When I’m trying to choose my wall switch, I don’t see it in the list of devices. However, I see my others.

Did you first go to the Hubitat Dashboard app, select that dashboard, and allow access to the new device?

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response. I don't see the option to allow access to the new device. Make sure I'm on the same page, I'm going in the Apps section and I see by dashboard. I click on the dashboard where I want my new device added. From there, I don't see the option to allow to the new device. Do I have to go in the Local LAN LInk to Dashboard?

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Hubitat®_Dashboard#Create_A_New_Dashboard

See item 2.

I have read that. I don't want to create a new dashboard. I simply want to add a device to my existing dashboard. I don't see my new device in the list.

GOT IT! I just signed on to my computer (not my phone) and it was easier to navigate. Thanks guys!

I understand that you don’t want to create a new dashboard. The list of devices should show all devices listed on your Devices page. You need to check the box for the device to be accessible on the dashboard.

If the device is not listed on the page shown in item 2, above, then the device hasn’t been fully added. Did you Save the Type when you added the device? Configure?

Perhaps if you showed a screenshot of your devices page, and also the screen shown in item 2, above, in the Documentation.

Appreciate the patience. I figured it out. I had a hard time navigating on my phone. Once I signed in on my computer, it was easy to find. Thanks again.

1 Like

The solution is to click on the list of devices on the dashboard. It will bring up all devices and then you check the one you want to add. You then go to your dashboard, click the plus icon on top to add. You will then see your device listed.

I had to re-learn that in order for the devices to even be offered/listed when editing from within the Dashboards App, Dashboard, you must first enable the devices from within the in the Apps, Dashboard App, Dashboard name as detailed here: Unable to add a Device to Dashboard Thankfully we have a community. :slight_smile:

1 Like