Device list feature suggestion

Hi.
I have about 65 discrete devices, making my list rather large when looking through the device list for a specic device.
When i initially set up the naming convention i started wigh having the device type 1st followed by location.
Ex
Motion Sensor -Patio.
lights -kitchen.
This works great for organizing the sensors together but terrible now that ive enabled alexa or when i use TTS.
I know there is a search function in the device list but id like to ask if there might be some type of view option added so when selected , the list would we sorted by sensor type ( with The entire list of devics displayed).

I think it would be beneficial for people with a large number of devices

Love the system thougn so this isnt a complaint.
Mac

Um, you can already click on the column headings to change the sort order, or is that not what you meant?

2 Likes

You know for as many times as i have opened that device list, i didnt realize i could sort by device. Will be renaming all of my devices today to something more meaningful ( and more user friendly ) for tts.
Thanks.
Mac

3 Likes

You might want to keep your devices labeled the way they are. When you select a device in an app, only the device name will appear. Makes it hard to sort out sometimes.