Device.getDataValue(String) broken in 2.2.4?

I've been using LIFX Local Control app & drivers for a while, and it has worked great. But it seems that the 2.2.4 HE update broke the getDataValue call here -- the next line tries to use the result and now throws an NPE.

The corresponding child device(s) being queried are created in the same driver, line 69

Anyone else having trouble with this in a custom app/driver?

You are using the standard internal database ? You didn’t by any chance change to using the external one via a beta a while back, which is now deprecated ?

Yep, standard - never been on beta

Is it for regular (local) device or hub mesh device?

Local device - just one hub.

I'll note that I had a power blip which rebootedy hub (ungracefully) yesterday morning -- maybe something got corrupted by this, and I didn't notice until after the hub update? But I am seeing the same result in all 3 devices using this driver, seems like a big coincidence to have corrupted the children of all 3, being referenced in this call

If you're going to roll the version back, please let me know if it still fails in 2.2.3.
I'm going to grab the logs off your hub in the meantime and try to reproduce the error.

I rolled back to 2.2.3 and the errors disappeared (function working as expected). As further confirmation, I re-upgraded to 2.2.4, and the errors have come back. LMK if further information is needed from the hub, devices, etc to troubleshoot.

1 Like

Yeah, legit bug affecting child devices. I found a root cause, fix is coming in the next iteration.

2 Likes

2.2.4.141 has just been rolled out, it should have this issue fixed.

2 Likes

Working great again, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.